Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thankyou,

hopefully everyone will fully read this before they even sit on their new motorcycle, going by other forums ive got a feeling we'll be constantly referring people to this thread every day ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks for the manual. Reading it through it now.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I was happy to see the first valve check is at 26,600 miles, same as on the FZ07.
Yes Yamaha quality, 42,000km checks and no initial 1000km inspection.

Offset with what seems like an outrageous 1000km/7000rpm, 1600km/8400rpm initial period.which seems strange for a 2015 bike, wont be needing that.
Maybe the Canadian market prints that for liability reasons ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always do a hard break-in, so I will take it to redline the first day several times. Still, if someone wanted to go by the book, 7000 in 6th gear might be 60 mph or so, which isn't ridiculous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes Yamaha quality, 42,000km checks and no initial 1000km inspection.

Offset with what seems like an outrageous 1000km/7000rpm, 1600km/8400rpm initial period.which seems strange for a 2015 bike, wont be needing that.
Maybe the Canadian market prints that for liability reasons ?
That brings up an interesting question. What would you guys break-in your new R3 like? By the book, a mix, or hard?

·
Registered
376 Posts
That brings up an interesting question. What would you guys break-in your new R3 like? By the book, a mix, or hard?

That's a argument that been done so many time over the internet lol. Some people believe the manufacture should follow their break end period because it works and some believes there is no need for break end period because the manufacture already ran test on each and every bike. Personally, just ride it like you would normally ride it and there wouldn't be any problem.

·
Registered
856 Posts

Its a far too hot a potato to recommend what others should do for legal reasons, and some say you should run it in like Grandpa's Oldsmobile in 1950.

But mine's going to be ridden hard to redline, through all gears and speeds, allowed to fully cool down at least 4 times, ridden with no steady throttle openings ,
Then at 100km drop the oil and filter.(second day) which is good chance to get familiar with the bike, lube cables, pivot points etc, and set everything up to personal preference.

Then its safe to ride without worry till the first dealer service at 1000km where any teething problems can be addressed.

Proved it to myself on the last bike that it performed better being ridden exactly the same as its future use dictates.
Its a Yamaha, its designed to run like a tuned instrument ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

Is the link still working for this download?

I bought an R3 in Thailand, the Manual is in Thai and I don't understand a single letter of it! so I desperately need this!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've been enjoying my factory service manual since 2 weeks before I got my bike (bought my factory oil filter for my 1st change too.Got 768 miles on it now). It seems as good as all the factory service manuals I'm used to. I've worked at 2 local bike dealerships as a srvc tech, and the only discrepancies I've found are mis-spell typos...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ordered mine from my dealership 3 weeks before I got my bike. It came in the next week, so I had 2 weeks to browse through it before actually taking delivery of my bike. Yamaha factory part number is LIT-11616-28-57

1 - 20 of 116 Posts