Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday I returned from a ride to find I had a fair bit of foaming in my sight glass
see the pics for yourself I also provided a dead cold one as well to show oil isnt overfilled.

now a few causes for foaming this bad.
1. coolant loss
2. high humidity and not long enough rides for the engine to dissipate the water (get to stable operating temps)
3. anti foaming agents in oil have dissipated or were not sufficient.

now I had the oil company show up to my door within 3 hours to take a sample directly from my engine. (AMAZING SERVICE)
I'm not prepared to say the name just yet. as it still could be an issue with the bike. And it would be egregious to do so.

however I will say this no coolant loss
and compression tests have been preferred and were just fine so no head gasket or cracked block.
as you can see the oil is still oil. it hasnt got water separation, it hasn't gone milky

however will wait for results of the oil test.
I dumped the oil and put in new stuff immediately and no foaming at all.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yesterday I returned from a ride to find I had a fair bit of foaming in my sight glass
see the pics for yourself I also provided a dead cold one as well to show oil isnt overfilled.

now a few causes for foaming this bad.
1. coolant loss
2. high humidity and not long enough rides for the engine to dissipate the water (get to stable operating temps)
3. anti foaming agents in oil have dissipated or were not sufficient.

now I had the oil company show up to my door within 3 hours to take a sample directly from my engine. (AMAZING SERVICE)
I'm not prepared to say the name just yet. as it still could be an issue with the bike. And it would be egregious to do so.

however I will say this no coolant loss
and compression tests have been preferred and were just fine so no head gasket or cracked block.
as you can see the oil is still oil. it hasnt got water separation, it hasn't gone milky

however will wait for results of the oil test.
I dumped the oil and put in new stuff immediately and no foaming at all.
I'm hoping to hear your results and ideally the manufacturer before it's all said and done. Great to hear they offered excellent service!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. Company has gone absolute rude to me
the company is penrite OIL in Australia. I would avoid it if you live in Aust/NZ/ MALAYSIA essentially all asian countries. not sure if sold in USA or not. BUT AVOID

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the person of reports directly to the General Manager call me today. To apologize. And to start making things right. Really happy at the moment. they are trying to at least make things right regardless of my thoughts on the product. And to at least make me whole again.
We go from there on Monday.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bring news. They cant explain the foaming HOWEVER they noted the oil had already broken down to a 15W40- after 1500km or 700 miles or so. which is not good at all AVOID

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts