Yamaha R3 Forums banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
**** oil light owned me.. Picked Up my bike after dealer serviced and about 30 miles later the oil light started flashing.. pulled over and saw no oil in sight glass.. but derp, had bike on kickstand\leaning.. lol

Freaked me out though.. it seems the oil light comes on based on mileage of course. But I had actually brought the bike in at 590 miles so dealer would not have been seen the light come on but they could have warned me it was coming and how to reset.

·
Registered
346 Posts
**** oil light owned me.. Picked Up my bike after dealer serviced and about 30 miles later the oil light started flashing.. pulled over and saw no oil in sight glass.. but derp, had bike on kickstand\leaning.. lol

Freaked me out though.. it seems the oil light comes on based on mileage of course. But I had actually brought the bike in at 590 miles so dealer would not have been seen the light come on but they could have warned me it was coming and how to reset.
Yeah they're supposed to reset it at the change.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I bought my bike brand new (1 mile on it) and today I noticed the the OIL indicator came on, telling me that I am supposed to change the oil. I'm only at 250 miles, what gives? The owner's manual says it should go on at 600 mi, then every 5000 mi after that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The first service is often the most important service for a bike because it's the first service at the midpoint of break-in. It is recommended that you bring it to your dealer because they do more than an oil change. They check everything. It might be expensive though.
yer the first service is £168.00 from Yamaha dealer i was shocked when they tould me this and my bike on had 125 miles on it shock horror

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey u seem like u know what time it is when it comes to these bikes. I just bought a 2020 R3 its my first bike and i love it a lot however im curious what do u recommend to do first to boost the performance of the bike meaning making it faster and quicker?
That extended warrenty is worth it for one good reason. If you blow the motor up even if its your fault it gets fixed for free no questions asked. So its worth it for you track guys like me who plan to race the R3
[/Q

·
Super Moderator
1,351 Posts
Hey u seem like u know what time it is when it comes to these bikes. I just bought a 2020 R3 its my first bike and i love it a lot however im curious what do u recommend to do first to boost the performance of the bike meaning making it faster and quicker?
There are a number of things you can do - but you will need to determine your budget for mods. The easiest and quickest thing you can do is put in a freer flowing air filter and desnorkel your airbox.

After that, it gets a little more complex and costly.

A full exhaust system would be next but that requires an ECU flash or Power Commander to go with it.

Beyond that, there are other things such as velocity stacks, reducing weight, lighter wheels. But the main ones are the ones listed above. Keep in mind, going faster means you also need more control - so look at getting new tires, maybe stainless braided brake lines and / or new pads. There are a lot of threads on these topics, please look at the link in my signature.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On top of what Bluebird said, I'd suggest the R6 throttle upgrade. It doesn't technically make the bike faster, but it certainly feels a lot more responsive for very little cost.

There are a number of things you can do - but you will need to determine your budget for mods. The easiest and quickest thing you can do is put in a freer flowing air filter and desnorkel your airbox.
I've never looked too much into this, but wouldn't it require a tune afterwards as it would throw the fuel to air ratio off?

161 - 168 of 168 Posts