Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Broke my back on July 8 (30% L1 compression fracture; hit a deer on Angeles Forest here in California in my '16 Miata and down the mountain I went...)
Replaced the Miata with a Jeep Wrangler Sport on July 11 and went off roading...back felt pretty good...not taking painkillers except for an occasional OTC Aleve.
As I don't expect to be on my R1M for a while, I got the R3 on July 13. Love it. Went for a 60 mile ride the first day. Bike is a blast. Suspension likes smooth rider input but doesn't deal well with bumpy pavement at speed, so looking at Ohlins cartridge kit and rear shock.
My only regret is getting the bike in matte black, which is a scratch magnet. While down on the tank today (saw an indicated 11.5k downhill, is tach optimistic?) plastic buckle on my fanny pack scratched the tank. Looking for some type of protection for this area..
I turned 60 in June and don't plan on slowing down, despite having severe arthritis in cervical and lumbar vertebras (too many to count), spinal stenosis, and bulging disks. Don't feel any pain when on a bike! Doc isn't pleased, but...I gotta ride!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I feel your pain literally - same age as you and many of the same problems. Check out Traxxion Dynamics emulator kit for the front - many options for the rear shock - I went with a Penske. Check out Yamaha R3 Racing - http://www.yamahar3racing.com/ Jesse is great to work with.

I do about 25-30 track days a year and as long as my body holds out I am not planning on slowing do either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts