Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I put on an ohlins rear shock Friday, night and day difference when pushing it hard. So much more planted through mid turn bumps, even with stock tires. Also feels a lot better when rolling on out of corners.

Wish I had more roads like that by me, I have to ride an hour and a half to just a handful of good roads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I out on an ohlins rear shock Friday, night and day difference when pushing it hard. So much more planted through mid turn bumps, even with stock tires. Also feels a lot better when rolling on out of corners.

Wish I had more roads like that by me, I have to ride an hour and a half to just a handful of good roads.
Awesome! I can't wait to get better suspension. This road is avoided by many local riders. Not sure why. it's fun AF. But living in So Cal - North LA County has spoiled me. There are dozens of canyon roads here within 50 mile radius.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It looks like you went through a good patch of sand at 35/40 seconds. If there's more of that throughout it would scare a lot of guys. One of my fun roads commonly has gravel and it really dampens the fun factor.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like you went through a good patch of sand at 35/40 seconds. If there's more of that throughout it would scare a lot of guys. One of my fun roads commonly has gravel and it really dampens the fun factor.
It's a dirty road in certain spots. But it's fun overall. I shred this road on my Hypermotard 1100, GSXR600, Grom too. Just have to ride smart and know where to throttle and where to chill. Many So Cal riders don't like it because it's tight and technical. But it's way safer than the Snake or any other 2 way road.
Thats a cool video. Have you hit the ortega highway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks dude. No, Ortega is too fast paced for me. I rode it once on my GSXR600 and never went back.
Great vid JJay. Time for another group ride.
Malibu! GMR was fun but too many cars and cyclists on weekends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts