Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
$360 is a lot to ask for a pair of riding jeans that don't have any impact protection (knee pads, hip pads), especially when some more mainstream brands also have riding jeans with Kevlar woven throughout for a lower price. However, good on them for making a pair of riding jeans that doesn't look gaudy when off the bike.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just saw this over youtube looking at other stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBEwuU9AsY4

https://www.tobaccomotorwear.com/

I guess for those who prefer riding in jeans here's some alternative. They did a kickstart and finally made it recently.
Size won't fit me or I would support them for sure. Pretty amazing material
Unless they can unlock the hipster cafe rider market I bet that company goes under pretty quick. After watching that Knox video I should of got those. I currently have AGV and they're trash in comparison

·
Registered
255 Posts
$360 is a lot to ask for a pair of riding jeans that don't have any impact protection (knee pads, hip pads), especially when some more mainstream brands also have riding jeans with Kevlar woven throughout for a lower price. However, good on them for making a pair of riding jeans that doesn't look gaudy when off the bike.
I was thinking the same thing. I went down in my Dainese jeans at around 30 mph about a month ago. The jean is scuffed up but no tears, and the knee armor saved me a world of hurt for sure.

If you are looking for a good pair of riding jeans.... look no further:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7GLHbZTZY
Those are VERY nice! I may have to get a pair. Knox makes good stuff for sure!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would look forward and see if they can put on both. Some strictly stick with jeans and it is something to look forward in technology for gear protection

After buying leather I have no plan wearing anything else to ride, the only complaint I have with them are too cold(not too hot, mine are all perforated leather) and I still have to put on another layer of wind breaker jacket/pants til 60+degrees. Maybe I will invest nonperforated ones shortly.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
? but at that price point. you have leather and mesh options to choose from which would most likely provide better protection.
Not to mention for min protection kevlar jeans with armor already on the market starting in the 120 mark .

One thing I have liked, but still not sure on. The more cargo looking pants avail for riding pants.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-sport-excursion-riding-cargo-pants AGV for like 100 bucks. easier to blend into work wear etc. but looks really dang hot. Anyone try the cargo style ones?

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm really happy with my Scorpion Coverts but I want more than one pair of pants as well, so I ordered a pair of these last night.
I'll post my thoughts once I have them in hand.
I finally got to ride in these the other night.
It's been too hot where I live, so I haven't been riding at all. ( Even at night. )
:(

I had to take them to an alteration shop and have the lady take-up 2" off the bottom.
They were too long for me. They only come in one length. 33". I am a 31-32".

I am also a 33" waist, and I bought the 32" size. They are a bit snug, because they run true-to-size.
When you take the yellow armor out of the package, be prepared for a STRONG chemical smell.
You can let them air-out in the back patio for a few days, which helps.

These jeans are made really well. They are comfortable. The Kevlar liner is soft.
The armor is nice to have. I like the knee-pockets with the small zipper. Easy to get the armor in and out
without having to take the pants off.
They ride good. The armor seems to stay where it should. No complaints.
Once they get broken-in a bit, they will be comfortable.
Had I bought the 34" size, they might have been too baggy.
Sportbike riders like their gear to fit snug. Adventure riders like baggy gear.
:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently got a pair of AGV Sport Alloys. Supremely comfortable. Has included CE rated knee armour and pockets for foam protection at the hips. Kevlar lining starts mid-thigh and extends all the way down to mid shin.

There's a low profile mesh lining between the kevlar and your skin so you won't get itchy and it actually does quite well in cooler weather. I rode in 9 degree Celsius weather this morning hitting 130 km/hr on the highway and didn't feel much wind chill through the pants.

Walked around for at least 3 hours in them and they feel like a normal pair of jeans (apart from the knee armour haha)

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
If you are looking for a good pair of riding jeans.... look no further:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7GLHbZTZY
I've been riding with these for bout a month now... these jeans kick @ss
Very comfortable, the armor stays right where it should and they're built like a tank.
Even after washing, they still look and feel brand new and fitment is spot on as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I have a 50 mile commute so I try to not skip the gear on my rides to the office. What I like about these is that I can get to the office, pop the knee armor out without taking off the jeans and I can go all day without anyone suspecting that I'm in riding gear.
They look like regular jeans, fit like regular jeans and the armor is super easy to pop in and out... and once in, it's right where it's supposed to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts