Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!

Today I noticed a couple of tiny "cuts" on my 2015 Yamaha R3's rear tire. They are the stock Michelin tires, and my bike has 4K on it.
The front tire is perfect. Is this ok? Or should I start investing on a new set of tires? If this is bad, then how dangerous is it? How long can I ride the bike with this "cuts?"
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Likely just a tear from road debris. Nothing to be concerned about if they're still holding air. If you're paranoid just keep an eye on it to see if the tears "grow."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
recommend Bridgestone evo's if you decide to change your tyres, no chicken strips left on mine, grip is awesome.
What kind of milage are you on so far? I've reached the marker on my rear Rosso II after about 8000-9000 km.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I noticed the same kind of tire cuts on the rear tire of a friends R3. He's using Pirelli Diablo Rosso II. I checked his tire manufactured date and it' reads "0314", I'm just wondering if I'm reading it right as he only got them a few months ago and was complaining that the rear tire is leaking pressure but can't find any nails or punctures using soapy water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts