Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my R3 to the dealer for the recalls and the service tech says my front tire is leaking air because of the seals...

I haven't put air in my tires for over 2 months and I rode to the dealer which was 30 min away and it was still fine. My bike just hit 4000 miles and the tread is still perfect on there. I've had the bike brand new since July 2015. Their trying to charge me $130 for a diagnostic fee and plus tires...

Sounds like BS to me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My rear tire has been leaking down about 5 psi weekly since new. Took it to a tire shop today and the tire was fine without any punctures. They put in a new valve stem, so we will see how that goes. 50 pesos, about $3USD. Rim looked good. If it continues to leak, then next step is Ride-On sealant.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Old thread but the update with my rear tire is that re-installing the tire with a new stem did not solve the problem. Rear tire continued to leak down weekly 5 lbs or more. So I had a tube of Ride-On tire sealant laying around and I put 4 oz in the tire thru the stem. That was a month ago and I have not had to add any air since. Problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts