Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have the s20 evo on my bike, and i would like to know if someone with the same tires, use the pression recommended by Yamaha 2.0/2.5 or another values.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm running the stock pressures on mine and they feel great for normal riding. I get about a 10% increase in pressure after they are warmed up. I drop them 2 PSI F/R for a mountain run. I imagine the guys that race drop them more than that.

Hello, i have the s20 evo on my bike, and i would like to know if someone with the same tires, use the pression recommended by Yamaha 2.0/2.5 or another values.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ideal tyre pressures will vary depending on the weather, temperature, riding style, pace and a million other variables.
The pressures you were using on your previous tires would be a good starting pressure but it's important to listen to what your tires are telling you and adjust the pressures accordingly.
If you're completely lost, start somewhere around 32F/32R (PSI).

As mentioned above, when Racing cold pressures could be as low (or lower) as 25F/20R. These pressures would NOT be suitable for street riding though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts