Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda tire pressure's are you all running in the Michelin Pilot Streets. I'm going to upgrade to Pirelli Rosso 2's, but can't bring myself to till I use these tires up.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I'm going to upgrade to Pirelli Rosso 2's, but can't bring myself to till I use these tires up.
Same here. I'm not a fan of the stock tires but can't bring myself to throw them out... not until I'm past the break-in period at least

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here. I'm not a fan of the stock tires but can't bring myself to throw them out... not until I'm past the break-in period at least

So, what pressures you running??

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've run as low as 25/30 by accident and they still do alright on the road. I bump up to 29/35 when I do check on them.

Tread life is ridiculous, I'm at 6500 miles now and they barely even seem worn down. Like you guys, I can't justify swapping them until at least 10k miles, but I should be there in the next month or two so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do you have any recommendation on pressure gauges? I would like to store one underneath the seat but considering the space, I am not sure if it will.. Also, I see some digital and a few old school gauges. The digital ones look pretty sleek and might fit under the seat but I've never used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have any recommendation on pressure gauges? I would like to store one underneath the seat but considering the space, I am not sure if it will.. Also, I see some digital and a few old school gauges. The digital ones look pretty sleek and might fit under the seat but I've never used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a small digital gauge that I can put in my jacket or in tail storage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts