Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you with bridgestone s20 evos, what tire pressures are you running for the street/twisties? I weigh abiut 180lbs. Shop did 30/30 front/rear.
Also when it gets hotter come summer months, do you decrease the tire pressure? If so, but how much?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I am 155 geared up. Ran 30/30 hot in chuckwalla two times last year. It was still pretty hot then and I was satisfied with those pressures. I ran 30/30 cold last weekend here in Japan and felt the tire wear was different than last time I was at Chuck. That was cold pressure, and unfortunately did not change the pressure after, so that most likely had a different effect on the tire wear. Next track day I will mess around with hot pressures. I run pretty much the same pressure in the canyons and street.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I tend to run lower pressures when it's cold, not hot. Lower pressures=more contact patch=more heat in the tire. I have no problem getting heat in the tires when it's summer.
Just pay attention to the feedback from the handling and grip levels and watch the tire wear, then you'll be able to tell if you need to increase/decrease the pressures

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think general rule of thumb to go by is the owners manual 29PSI (200kPa) front and 36PSI (250kPa) rear. This is good all the way up to the max payload. But the above suggestions for going lower or higher are sound!

I was thinking of getting nitrogen on the bike as I have in the car. I dont lose nor gain any psi on my car summer or winter tire setups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts