Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for city commute 90% of the time so I am looking for milage. My stock SP1 tires got 15 000km with a bit of life left even after sliding through wet intersections a few times (even did a crazy 180 once when I started). I have been looking all over Canada for tires in my ideal size 140/70, 110/70 but all I can find not sold out are Pilot street 2's and Z8's. Would you guys recomend I save half my money and go with the pilot 2's for $180 and put up with the bias ply?

Figured 6 years is long enough for new tires.

Why are good tires always sold out (S22 etc) :(

·
Registered
385 Posts
This is for city commute 90% of the time so I am looking for milage. My stock SP1 tires got 15 000km with a bit of life left even after sliding through wet intersections a few times (even did a crazy 180 once when I started). I have been looking all over Canada for tires in my ideal size 140/70, 110/70 but all I can find not sold out are Pilot street 2's and Z8's. Would you guys recomend I save half my money and go with the pilot 2's for $180 and put up with the bias ply?

Figured 6 years is long enough for new tires.

Why are good tires always sold out (S22 etc) :(
It's hard to go wrong with Michelins'.... For what you are using your bike for- "pull-the-trigger" on the Michelins', and ride away with a smile :D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts