Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I'm not feeling it but what the heck do I know? LOL :nah

For me, the only way this would look good is if everything was perfectly spaced, aligned and at the same angle.
I'm a bit OCD though so I wonder what others think as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I first looked at my bike it was being sold with stickers. When the sale was finalized, I asked that the stickers be removed before I picked it up. I just didn't want to hide the beautiful matte grey underneath!

Team #NoStickers

·
Super Moderator
1,336 Posts
Mmm...honestly I think it's a bit much. It would have been better if they were the exact same on both sides and there was more of a theme. If you look at the TST Industries bike, there are tons of stickers but there is a nice layout to all of them.

I guess to each his / her own but I personally like the minimalist look myself.

·
Registered
269 Posts
To me, the stickers look lame and silly; they're too scattered, too small, and you're not sponsored, so I dont understand why you'd do this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm also Team: Your bike, your rules, ride happy.

But I'm also also Team: These companies aren't paying me to advertise.

Full disclosure: I do have 2 companies logos on my bike, besides Yamaha of course, but one of them is someone I know personally, and the other is Jesse here, who has spent a good chunk of his time helping me personally, more than I've ever ordered things from him so I feel ok with that one. So I do have exceptions, but they're exceptions I feel good about by personal connection.

So my advice would be similar to that of tattoos, with the obvious difference that stickers are more easily removed:
Don't put them on because they'll look cool to someone else, do it because they mean something to you. As with both, you don't owe anyone an explanation of what that meaning is, so long as you know and appreciate it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
im planning on removing all my stickers having it all matte grey i personally dont like stickers but alot of ppl love stickers and stick them everywhere bikes,cars,tool boxes, etc... so to me personally i like a clean look on the stuff i own

·
Registered
25 Posts
My philosophy; unless those companies are actually sponsoring you, then I don't get the logic. Even if you have one of their parts in the bike, unless they gave it to you for free, then I wouldn't sport the sticker. Imo the stickers are reserved for race bikes with sponsor's, and when they are all done in one color, then it looks quite good on a race bike.

Any please, someone, anyone, everyone tell me.........WHY do is see soooooooo many Monster energy and Rockstar energy themed bikes and stickers...I mean CMON those drinks are terrible horrible chemical elixirs that aren't even that good, yet people seem to gladly give them free advertising across the globe without any second thought. Just sayin :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh, and me personally I like to put all of my stickers from products I have bought for my bikes on my tool boxes and power tool frames etc.... as a memory of the good times and good mods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My philosophy; unless those companies are actually sponsoring you, then I don't get the logic. Even if you have one of their parts in the bike, unless they gave it to you for free, then I wouldn't sport the sticker. Imo the stickers are reserved for race bikes with sponsor's, and when they are all done in one color, then it looks quite good on a race bike.

Any please, someone, anyone, everyone tell me.........WHY do is see soooooooo many Monster energy and Rockstar energy themed bikes and stickers...I mean CMON those drinks are terrible horrible chemical elixirs that aren't even that good, yet people seem to gladly give them free advertising across the globe without any second thought. Just sayin :D

YES, YES, YES!!!

I'm all good with stickers but it is either unique art made into a sticker or nostalgia video game characters. Otherwise, my bike/cars are not billboards.

I've also wondered what compels people to put energy drink stickers on their rides.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rockstar AND Monster Engergy drinks? It's unlikely both would sponsor through Yamaha since they're competitors. Though I prefer Rockstar, Yamaha has a contract with Monster (as in the 2020 model). I'd remove the Rockstar ones. Also, you have a lot of Fox Racing on there, but that's a dirtbike logo. Um..

To avoid getting laughed at ("They're all gonna laugh at you!" - A.Sandler 2004) I personally would consider it "classy" to have stickers of either a company that sponsors you, or a product you're currently using ON your actual bike. You have an "SC Project" muffler but no SC Project decal? Also, what oil are you using? YamaLube? If you were using YamaLube, I'd have that. You have 3 Monster Energy decals as well, which is overkill. It's very unlikely you're using Fox Racing parts on your bike. Not sure if this is a joke or you're 16.

As mentioned above, spacing is important; use a ruler. Don't just slap 'em on uneven or un-centered or tilted! Unless you're using that product on your bike, don't put it, unless they're writing you an advertisement check.

Case in point, the 2020 Monster Energy Edition R3 should actually be cheaper because it's free advertisement for Monster. Somehow, it's more expensive!

Whatever works for you, kid. If it makes you happy, own it. Some people have a mohawk haircut, then ask, "Is this okay?" all the time. Don't ask. Own it... or don't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts