Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my new R3, I checked the oil. When the bike was level, it reads too high. The glass is completely covered in oil. If you would lean the bike slightly to the left, the level would go down rapidly. I took it to the dealer and they said it's a little over, but wouldn't hurt anything until the 1st service. Last week I had the 1st service and checked the oil. It looks about the same as it did before-too high. Is this something to worry about?

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
It should be fine with just a little extra. You can get messy and drain a little out / add a little fresh oil back if you overshoot. Or use something to sneakily remove a little via the fill location (turkey baster or soap dispenser pump).

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It's fine. I run my oil level at the top of the sight-glass. Engine is very happy.
Engine likes oil. It told me so.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's good to hear that I don't have to drain any out. Next week on my day off I may ride to my aunt's place, 150 miles each way. If it doesn't rain. We've had insane amounts of rain lately-about 9 inches in the last 30 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts