Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My R3 is 1900 kms / 3 months young.
While I followed Yamaha's advise for the 1600 kms break in and didnt go above 8400, revving now above 9000 leaves rather unpleasant tingling in the palms. The ride upto 125 kmph is absolutely delightful with literally zilch vibration, but moving to 9-10-11 k zones ...even for a 20 min ride...leaves crazy sensation in my hands.

Whats happening here. Anyone to my rescue.

Thanks !!

Sam

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Be light on the bars. Dont death grip it. Someone told me to hold the bars as if your were holding an "OK" hand gesture around the grips. You could also just use one hand if you are comfortable with that. IMO all bikes vibe at some point, some just less than others and at different revs. Vibes never really get my hand numb, death gripping it definitely does though, regardless of bike.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah, the little R3 is kinda buzzy in the upper rev's. I noticed that too. It doesn't really bother me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, the vibration is definitely noticeable in the higher revs, I just remind myself to keep my hands and arms relaxed and it doesn't really bother me, even for long distance rides.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Vibrations at that RPM should leave you're hands calm and soothing. You are probably gripping to hard. Try relaxing when in that RPM range.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its a parallel twin...Vibrations happen when you rev the bike out.

My Bandit 400 is a **** of a lot smoother than the R3 is in the upper range of the RPMs...(9500+)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts