Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be documenting my build here. Not really going to do much because I want to keep it as original as possible, with a few exceptions. I'm starting with ditching the mirrors, passenger pegs and installing a fender eliminator. Next up will be tires. Probably going to go with Pirelli's. I've used them at the track before and had good luck with them. I will update regularly and hopefully get some pics from my first day at the track with it. Right now due to work constraints I will probably be looking at July at PIR with 2Fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
have fun with the build! I'm looking at doing a track day with 2fast as well, looking at the ridge in either june or september

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you plan on doing a bunch of trackdays, I'll recommend getting case savers as well.

For tail and headlight, you can wire up a switch so you dont have to disconnect the fuses or connectors every time.
I hadn't thought about the switch for the lights. That will definitely be the way to go. Case savers probably need to be added to the list. Muchos gracias:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Track day providers in my area don't care if you run headlights. They need to be taped up if they are glass. Plastic headlights are fine. The brake light needs to be covered or disabled.

I'm setting my new bike up for track days too. My main mod is suspension. K-tech shock and Andriatti fork internals ordered! :)

CJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope you do well at the track these lil bikes are a blast preload adjusrers fork brace and clip ons a must in front rear sets and reverse shift to keep toes from scraping and dont be surprised when when your elbow scrapes the ground its a great feeling

1 - 8 of 8 Posts