Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Track day carpooling / ride-sharing resources

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kojiiro 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've been attending track days by actually riding several hours from Santa Barbara to wherever, but I realise it's kind of a terrible idea for obvious reasons (some of the Let's Ride and Trackdaz staff was a bit amused to see me coming with my saddlebags as it seems I was the only guy doing that...). I was wondering if there was any website or app that people used to find carpools / ride-sharing for track days, as I haven't met anyone from SB attending track days. While I'd be more than willing to pay for all of the gas, I'm moving soon so it doesn't make sense for me to buy a van/pickup/car+uhaul just for a few track days, so sharing a ride is pretty much the only viable option for me at this point. Does anyone have pointers to such resources (or is anyone from around SB able to carpool) ? Thanks !

#3 ·
Join socalsportbikes.org . It’s a really active community. A lot of people here in japan ride to the track. They mount all their gear in bags, racks or saddle bags just like you and at the end of the day they just redo everything and go. Japan is known for convenience though so it’s not like you need to pack much, if anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.