Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Anyone planning on going to Hallett this weekend with MCRA? They give big discounts (half price) to first time track day riders that includes coaching and class sessions.

http://midwestcaferacing.com/

They also have a racing series and a clinic to get your racing license on Saturdays!

Full Disclosure: I'm on the board for MCRA, trying to get some fresh blood on the track with us! Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend so I can't make this event :(

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Bummer...I was about to say "see you there!" but then I saw your last statement.

How do I pass for a "first timer" to get the discount? LOL...actually I think it's too late for that since last night I sent Beth an email with some questions in which I mentioned I have a CCS license and I've ridden with MCRA before :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer...I was about to say "see you there!" but then I saw your last statement.

How do I pass for a "first timer" to get the discount? LOL...actually I think it's too late for that since last night I sent Beth an email with some questions in which I mentioned I have a CCS license and I've ridden with MCRA before :p
Ahh yes, I got your email as well. I do have a free track day coupon that I won at our fundraiser in January, maybe I'll do a raffle on here and give someone a free track day for when we go to Heartland Park in September.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ahh yes, I got your email as well. I do have a free track day coupon that I won at our fundraiser in January, maybe I'll do a raffle on here and give someone a free track day for when we go to Heartland Park in September.
I plan on being there for that as well if things go well in the meantime.

So you receive the emails sent to the "info" email for MCRA?? The thing I'm still not quite clear on is if I have to provide someone a copy of my CCS license or not? Do I just check the box that says I need to purchase an MCRA license and that's it?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
That's an awesome idea with the raffle. I had a friend in San Diego and we had a group on Meetup.com that organized canyon rides for newbies. The idea was to teach newbie riders safer riding through the canyons and one guy was a corner worker at 2wtd. He would every now and then raffle free track tickets to the new riders to try and get them out there onto the track.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on being there for that as well if things go well in the meantime.

So you receive the emails sent to the "info" email for MCRA?? The thing I'm still not quite clear on is if I have to provide someone a copy of my CCS license or not? Do I just check the box that says I need to purchase an MCRA license and that's it?
I am on the board of the MCRA so yes, one of my duties is answering emails sent to the [email protected] email address. Since you took the clinc with us and it was less than 5 years ago, you just need to purchase at least one track day (either sat or sun to race either/both days), an MCRA General Membership (to do the track days), MCRA Race License (to race) and sign up for what races you want to race in.

Since you race CCS you'll have a westhold transponder, provide that serial# to Beth during registration and for the love of god, REMEMBER TO GO THROUGH THE ACTIVATION LOOP! We had a few guys forget to activate their transponders at our Putnam races, really makes Timing and Scoring difficult!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's an awesome idea with the raffle. I had a friend in San Diego and we had a group on Meetup.com that organized canyon rides for newbies. The idea was to teach newbie riders safer riding through the canyons and one guy was a corner worker at 2wtd. He would every now and then raffle free track tickets to the new riders to try and get them out there onto the track.
MCRA already offers half price track days to first time riders, we love having newbies come out! Last track weekend we had a 13 year old girl riding a Ninja 250. We also typically (albeit, not this time) have suit rentals for those just looking to get their toes wet.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Man it's a shame you won't be there. I'm having a hard time finding someone to split a car port with. I know like 5-6 people in MCRA and figured I'd have plenty of options, but one's not going, 2 will be in the coaches garage, 1 in a hauler, and Kyle decided to not rent one this time. I'm running out of options...and I NEED power lol...and having a roof is nice too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man it's a shame you won't be there. I'm having a hard time finding someone to split a car port with. I know like 5-6 people in MCRA and figured I'd have plenty of options, but one's not going, 2 will be in the coaches garage, 1 in a hauler, and Kyle decided to not rent one this time. I'm running out of options...and I NEED power lol...and having a roof is nice too.
I know someone, I'm verifying they still have a spot available and then I'll PM you their phone #.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts