Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had four bikes in the last six years, overlapping with a couple at a time. My current bike is a 2013 Kawi Concours that I bought new in Jan 2014. Love that bike, but I'm ready for something lighter and more nimble. Rode the R3 at the Sacramento IMS bike show on Saturday, and I absolutely loved it! From one end of the spectrum (1400cc Concours) to the other end (320cc R3). One thing I've really enjoyed on my last three bikes was that I took them on 3-4 day rides, camping 2 or 3 nights along the way. Great trips that I really enjoyed. Up along the CA coast, through the Sierra mountains, just great rides. I pack a small tent, sleeping bag, and minimal camping gear, with the tent and sleeping bag the bulkiest pieces. Even thought they're small, they take the most room. Does anyone have any ideas about luggage, or tail racks that can be added to the R3? It's my only hesitation to changing my Connie for one. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I've had four bikes in the last six years, overlapping with a couple at a time. My current bike is a 2013 Kawi Concours that I bought new in Jan 2014. Love that bike, but I'm ready for something lighter and more nimble. Rode the R3 at the Sacramento IMS bike show on Saturday, and I absolutely loved it! From one end of the spectrum (1400cc Concours) to the other end (320cc R3). One thing I've really enjoyed on my last three bikes was that I took them on 3-4 day rides, camping 2 or 3 nights along the way. Great trips that I really enjoyed. Up along the CA coast, through the Sierra mountains, just great rides. I pack a small tent, sleeping bag, and minimal camping gear, with the tent and sleeping bag the bulkiest pieces. Even thought they're small, they take the most room. Does anyone have any ideas about luggage, or tail racks that can be added to the R3? It's my only hesitation to changing my Connie for one. Thanks!
See this older thread.

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/385-r3-appearance-body/39993-rear-racks-grab-bars-made-r3.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts