Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted some specific advise on this particular stand and not general bike stand concerns , so hoping folks would be interested in discussing in a separate more focused thread. I am looking for help/advise and so i broke this into its own thread.

FRONT TRIPLE TREE STAND -- I was (un) fortunate to purchase the Venom front triple tree stand,and found out the pin is too short.
when i use the stand, i see it actually make contact with the front frame of the bike (under headlights).

I been searching and searching for local dealer to find a substitute pin that i can use. Pit bull has one, but no one near me sells it.

I was wondering to the folks on the form --

any suggestions of other brands that I can try to search for a pin or

what triple tree stand pin brands you are using -- i can try to sub in? or

any advice what others in the same situation may have tried ?

I rather not buy another stand just because of this one small issue.

I am thinking maybe i should look to find a machinist in the area to fabricate the pin .. no idea how much that would cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im hoping it would.. (?)

im in canada.. and no one around here seems to sell it locally, cant find it on amazon or kijiji or ebay.
and to order it from pitbull or other sites form US-- the shipping doubles the price of it... so frustrating .

you got #8t ?

if so maybe you can tell me the Pin dimensions?

1. what is the diameter of the end that pops into the stand.
2. what is the diameter of the other end that goes into the bike?
3. how long is the whole pin?
4. how long is the pin from one end to the point in which it changes thickness? and at what end is that from?

I can maybe compare that to the venom pin i have aand get an idea or even better at least have some specs to work with to other compatible brands.

truley , whole heartedly appreciate any help you can give.... its winter over here and want to get the bike up on stands as soon as possible.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe hit up a local fabrication shop to try and get the pin extended? Offer a couple of beers? Maybe even a case? Just an idea? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe hit up a local fabrication shop to try and get the pin extended? Offer a couple of beers? Maybe even a case? Just an idea? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a case IF it works!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Frisco! this great.

I compared, base/top diameter exact match.
Total length of venom is ~ 10-15 mms shorter then your PB

but i am guessing that wont be a problem ( I Hope!:D )

I will purchase see if I can get one ordered in from a local shop and let folks know if it works.

:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cheers Frisco! this great.

I compared, base/top diameter exact match.
Total length of venom is ~ 10-15 mms shorter then your PB

but i am guessing that wont be a problem ( I Hope!:D )

I will purchase see if I can get one ordered in from a local shop and let folks know if it works.

:D
Alright! Hope it works.

CJ

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone successfully use one of these Venom headlift stands on their R3?

I know I should just buy a Pit Bull, but the $65 shipped price is looking pretty good right now and I really need one..

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Anyone successfully use one of these Venom headlift stands on their R3?

I know I should just buy a Pit Bull, but the $65 shipped price is looking pretty good right now and I really need one..
I think SBK mentioned owning one and then throwing it away? I may sound biased but the pit bull stands certainly are worth the money. No matter what you buy, see if it would be compatible with thr pit bull pit crew tire wedge.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Buy 1 cheap stand and you'll continue going through cheap stands... Buy 1 pitbull stand and keep it forever. The quality is really that much better. 10x more steady than those cheap ones and durable as ****.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts