Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think SBK mentioned owning one and then throwing it away? I may sound biased but the pit bull stands certainly are worth the money. No matter what you buy, see if it would be compatible with thr pit bull pit crew tire wedge.
Mine wasn't a triple tree stand though. I just had the regular front and the rear with the flat pads, or whatever they call those. Worthless junk. Waste of money. Threw them both away, after almost dropping my bike twice.

Buy 1 cheap stand and you'll continue going through cheap stands... Buy 1 pitbull stand and keep it forever. The quality is really that much better. 10x more steady than those cheap ones and durable as ****.
Yep! Totally right, I learned this the hard way by being a cheapass initially.

Although I did luck out to buy a full set of Pitbulls (rear can lift from spools or from the swing arm directly, and front is a hybrid), all for $100 shipped to my house! Front looked almost brand new too, rear was used, but in Pitbull terms "used" just means it doesn't look shiny anymore, no actual wear or damage lol

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I'm using same front triple tree stand (T-REX and Pitbull) for 16 R6, 17 R6, 08 R6, 16 R1...all Yamaha's work with the same pins, all are stable.

I prefer Pitbull front stand and T-Rex rear stand as of now. Waiting for Woodcraft stands to see which is better out of the 3.
I have Woodcraft front and rear. The rear is a pita because you have to BEND it to match the width of ONE bike. So my plan is to get a Pitbull rear to go along with the adjustable Woodcraft front (as I have 2 bikes now). WAIT -- they have new models. My old WC rear stand is outdated now. =(

21 - 22 of 22 Posts