Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would normally just search but I need quick help, I'm out on a ride and phone battery is running out. I felt something hit my leg on th ride and thought it was a rock. On one of my stops I noticed both left and right top triple tree bolts were off the bike! Pretty dangerous and I called my wife to maybe bring me some bolts. Right now the clip ons may be able to safely keep the fork tubes in place. I will dig through my parts bin when I get home but right now was hoping someone could find the size/pitch of the bolts for the top triple. Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can't help with size or pitch but have seen a few top triple's snap from the bolts being over-tightened (just something to be aware of when you put the replacements in)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help with size or pitch but have seen a few top triple's snap from the bolts being over-tightened (just something to be aware of when you put the replacements in)
Thanks for that. I got home and went through the parts bin. Same size/pitch as the ones that the stock bars have. I had some that were slightly longer and threw those in. Used loctite. I did that before fading your post so will check the torque spec later. I am pretty sure I didn't over toque but never hurts to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts