Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went with the Smoked version and for now, I'm running my OEM rear directionals in conjunction with the taillight directional.
Note, this is WITHOUT resistors or flash relay installed. I'll install a Flash Relay when I make a final decision on what I'm doing with the front directionals.

We all know the video does not properly capture the LEDs due to frame rates but it looks fantastic in person.
@TSTagent @TST Industries Fit and finish are spot on!

Lights Off

Lights On

A couple of vids...

Running Lights and Left Directional on (sequential)

Flashing Brake Light

Brakes and Right Directional

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks awesome! Smoked is the way to go! especially on matte gray .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm still on the fence with the integrated tail. From all the videos (which I'm sure it's different in person) it seems difficult to decipher what the rider is doing when braking and signaling and the modes are set to pulse. I would want to get it, but I do want to be noticed and have my intentions easily seen.. also I'm not sure if you would know, but like you I have the matte version which is why I wanted the smoked out likes, but is the clear that much more noticeable? Trying to be safer out here which is why I like that it pulses, could just leave oem indicators as well.. AZ drivers are pretty awful so anything to be noticed helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sweet set up the smoke version look so **** good and clean good work, looking forward to buy mine drive safe

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still on the fence with the integrated tail. From all the videos (which I'm sure it's different in person) it seems difficult to decipher what the rider is doing when braking and signaling and the modes are set to pulse. I would want to get it, but I do want to be noticed and have my intentions easily seen.. also I'm not sure if you would know, but like you I have the matte version which is why I wanted the smoked out likes, but is the clear that much more noticeable? Trying to be safer out here which is why I like that it pulses, could just leave oem indicators as well.. AZ drivers are pretty awful so anything to be noticed helps.
I left my original indicators on to be sure other drivers clearly understand my intentions when driving. In the day time, the tail light does a good job of displaying my intended turn direction. At night though, it is a little tougher to see, only because the tail light and integrated directional are all so close to the center line of the bike. This is why I left the OEM indicators on as well.

Clear vs Smoked... no difference. When the lights are on, you can't tell which version you have. The LEDs are very bright so the smoked is no less visible than the clear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey thank you I really appreciate the information. Was leaving the oem plugged in more difficult? As in changing the installation process too much. I am not really the work on my equipment type, but but this and the the other mods i was looking at seemed quite doable. Will having the relay and two sets of indicators do anything bad?

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was leaving the oem plugged in more difficult?
Will having the relay and two sets of indicators do anything bad?
I used a harness that plugged the tailight into my OEMs. No splicing required
I don't see why you would have any problems having the relay and two sets of indicators.
I've seen no adverse effects on mine... works great!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I used a harness that plugged the tailight into my OEMs. No splicing required
I don't see why you would have any problems having the relay and two sets of indicators.
I've seen no adverse effects on mine... works great!
Also running a set of indicators as well as the tail light integrated ones. No problems

1 - 13 of 13 Posts