Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i bought tst industries intergrated tail light and halo indicators but the connectors dont fit my bike.
I am in Australia so the connectors are different to US bikes. i didnt know
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, I'm from the UK and was in the same situation. Would you show me the photos of which connectors dont fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connectors on the bike are female bullet for front and rear indicators.
The connectors on the tst parts are the male white plugs, which are a direct fit for the OEM US version
Now i need to find a harness to fit or i'll have to splice something which i dont really want to mess with atm

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would start with TST Industries customer service. They are pretty good to deal with and will let you know if they have any solutions.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pretty sure they have those type of connectors at an auto parts store. At least i believe they do state side anyways.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't bother, I had this issue with the tail light when I installed it. Just crack that white plastic off with some wire cutters (make sure to not damage the connector) and then tape it together, or better solder it, I think it's a spade connector in that white plug. Customer service didn't help me in my situation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's a shame they can't provide some with the correct connectors for the rest of the world. I was looking at the TST too. Grow your international market TST and show us some love.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Or you could solder bullet connectors on yourself. I have done it to repair wiring on older bikes and it is not hard.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree their customer service is exceptional, but they were not able to help me with my situation. This was a couple month back so maybe things have changed.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've bought dozens of aftermarket turn signal indicators over the years and cannot remember any that had matching connectors to OEM. It is near to impossible for any vendor to access parts schematics for all motorcycles that are manufactured in many different countries. When I go to a Yamaha dealer in the US they are unable to access any parts info about my Yamaha purchased in Mexico but manufactured in India. An order for matched electrical components is a lot more complicated than it seems. If it were possible for a vendor to provide this then you can expect a 100% price increase easily. How many riders are willing to pay that? I doubt many. As mentioned above TST customer service is a cut above most.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know how the wiring goes for installing the halo indicators on the Aussie R3?? just got some myself and was wondering if there is a guide on how to wire them correctly?

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
I don't know but it shouldn't be too hard. All you need to know is which wire is ground. If I recall, there should be three wires - one for switched power, one for turn signal power, and one ground. If you know which one is ground on the bike you should be able to figure it out. Since they are LED, if you get the wire hooked up wrong, it just won't light up.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
TST now sells a conversion harness that converts between the white connectors and the bullet connectors, and the instructions that come with the kit explain how to determine which colour bullet on the converter harness goes to which colour bullet on the bike harness. They also have a video on this topic.

Jim G

1 - 14 of 14 Posts