Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a heads up, TST is now taking Pre Orders for their NEW Intergrated Tail light. It is 20% off on Pre Order till July 1st and shipping will start on or before July 6th. TST products are really nice and service is #1 . They have a short video on their web site that shows the light and functions.

Reactions: Ruby and jemtec

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just place a pre-order for a clear tail light from TST. Excited to see what it looks like in person! I'm sure I'll be placing an order for the fender eliminator and clear flush turn signals soon enough too. I don't know if the halo's warrant the price truthfully, would be way cheaper to just make the normal flush mount signals into running lights as well. Thanks to Capn Kirk for a well written process on how to do that!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully this time next week the wait will be over!!

Reactions: Little John

·
Registered
223 Posts
Perfect. It actually fills in the center with lights upon braking. I'd get this integrated over anything else out there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Perfect. It actually fills in the center with lights upon braking. I'd get this integrated over anything else out there.

I agree, prior to TST finalizing their tail light, the Motodynamic tail light was probably the best choice. What I like about the TST light is the overall look with a honeycomb style look in the center and the outer perimeter running light. I may actually use the pulsar setting on the brake light too, from the short video they posted, it looks highly noticeable. As for the integrated turn signals, they look alright, I may opt for aftermarket turn signals still though, I'll have to wait and see though. I plan on picking up the aftermarket indicator bracket when I order TST's tail tidy too. I just can't decide whether or not I want the adjustable or fixed tail tidy. Probably go with the fixed one since it's cheaper and I wouldn't ever adjust the plate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree, prior to TST finalizing their tail light, the Motodynamic tail light was probably the best choice. What I like about the TST light is the overall look with a honeycomb style look in the center and the outer perimeter running light. I may actually use the pulsar setting on the brake light too, from the short video they posted, it looks highly noticeable. As for the integrated turn signals, they look alright, I may opt for aftermarket turn signals still though, I'll have to wait and see though. I plan on picking up the aftermarket indicator bracket when I order TST's tail tidy too. I just can't decide whether or not I want the adjustable or fixed tail tidy. Probably go with the fixed one since it's cheaper and I wouldn't ever adjust the plate.

I went with the fixed tail tidy thinking I wouldn't need to adjust it all, but after installing it I do not like the angle on it, it is more straight up and down and with the led license plate light from TST it makes it difficult to read the license plate in my opinion. I liked the angle of the Vegabond much better. I can take some pictures of the TST fixed tail tidy installed if you would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with the fixed tail tidy thinking I wouldn't need to adjust it all, but after installing it I do not like the angle on it, it is more straight up and down and with the led license plate light from TST it makes it difficult to read the license plate in my opinion. I liked the angle of the Vegabond much better. I can take some pictures of the TST fixed tail tidy installed if you would like.

I just Tweeked it a bit to change the angle.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Pics are always welcome, post em if ya got em! I figured if I didn't like the angle, it would be easy enough to bend it to shape, or even create a new bracket if needed.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Pics are always welcome, post em if ya got em! I figured if I didn't like the angle, it would be easy enough to bend it to shape, or even create a new bracket if needed.
The fixed plate bracket is VERY easy to be Tweeked to a better angle. It was more straight down and I just adjusted the angle of the bracket. Took like 10 seconds at most.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The fixed plate bracket is VERY easy to be Tweeked to a better angle. It was more straight down and I just adjusted the angle of the bracket. Took like 10 seconds at most.

Thank you, I didn't even think to try and bend it. Did it help with the license plate light illuminating more of the plate ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you, I didn't even think to try and bend it. Did it help with the license plate light illuminating more of the plate ?

If I was you I'd take it back apart and then Tweeked it. Don't know how much pressure you can put on the block off plate that the plate mount bolts too. That is if you bought the block off plate kit with the lisence plate bracket. It's only 4 bolts to remove it. :) And yes it does help with lighting the plate. I'm really hoping the intergrated light will light plate more too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is very vertical. Now I see the attraction to paying extra for the adjustable bracket.

I like the angle on the Vagabond bracket.

Yes I loved the angle on the Vegabond, I still have mine in the garage, I might try to hold it up and match the angle of it, which reminds me I am actually selling it, might put a listing up soon when I get some free time but if anyone's interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If I was you I'd take it back apart and then Tweeked it. Don't know how much pressure you can put on the block off plate that the plate mount bolts too. That is if you bought the block off plate kit with the lisence plate bracket. It's only 4 bolts to remove it. :) And yes it does help with lighting the plate. I'm really hoping the intergrated light will light plate more too.

Thanks and yea I have the plate and light, the plate makes it so much cleaner compared to the Vegabond. I have the motodynamic integrated smoked taillight and it doesn't help lighting the plate at all the way it is now. It might make a difference once I angle it more.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is very vertical. Now I see the attraction to paying extra for the adjustable bracket.

I like the angle on the Vagabond bracket.

That grey is Sexy. Blurple wheels would look Titts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts