Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've got about 100 miles on my R3, my first motorcycle. I didn't expect to be so rewarding, and I ride like a frickin grandma.

Anyway - why don't they add a relay click reminder on bikes? I've gotten a lot better at remembering to turn it off but I'm still forgetting about 20% of the time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The lack of auto-cancelling turn signals has me feeling like an idiot after realizing I've been signaling to go left for the past five miles. My other bike has the cancelers so there's some user training required.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Because the indicator light flashes on the dash that's enough for me to be reminded tbh and a click would be really annoying in my opinion

·
Registered
321 Posts
I added them to my Majesty because the indicator lights on the dash were absolutely impossible to see in direct sunlight because they were half the size of a dime. The buzzers buzz when the blinker turns on, so its like buzz....buzz.....buzz. It's not annoying and you never forget them on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I added them to my Majesty because the indicator lights on the dash were absolutely impossible to see in direct sunlight because they were half the size of a dime. The buzzers buzz when the blinker turns on, so its like buzz....buzz.....buzz. It's not annoying and you never forget them on.
What exactly did you add. ?? could you provide us with pics and/link to the gear you added. ? :)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
So far I've got about 100 miles on my R3, my first motorcycle. I didn't expect to be so rewarding, and I ride like a frickin grandma.

Anyway - why don't they add a relay click reminder on bikes? I've gotten a lot better at remembering to turn it off but I'm still forgetting about 20% of the time.

Thanks!
Grandma should have it so good. ;)

Some helmets have thicker or lower positioned chinbars that block more of the instrument panel, making it necessary to look down more often to see if the signals are on....

I wouldn't mind a buzzer....OR they could make the seat vibrate. :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
My first bike had self cancelling signals, and I HATED them. It seemed like every single time - I'd put the blinker on well in advance of a tricky intersection with heavy traffic, and it would cancel itself some time before I got there, and just when I wanted it most I'd notice it was off. Or I'd go to cancel it manually when I completed a turn, and just before that it would have cancelled itself, so I'd wind up turning it back on.

... and just to add to what Stirz said in the other thread ... sometimes us old-timers get crusty because we hate to see new riders trying to get themselves killed. How would you propose to hear an audible signal through your earplugs and helmet, unless you make it siren-loud? Don't even tell me you're not wearing gear. Or are you thinking about a Bluetooth connection so you can listen to other distractions when you're not listening to your blinkers?

Most of us forget a blinker occasionally. Realizing that we've done that is a harmless reminder that we're not paying attention to our riding. Better to treat that as a reminder to tighten up our focus, than look for more ways to not pay attention.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What exactly did you add. ?? could you provide us with pics and/link to the gear you added. ? :)
I added 12v buzzers from Radio Shack.

http://www.radioshack.com/76db-piezo-buzzer/2730059.html

The ones I have they don't sell anymore but this is close. You just tie them into the hot wires for each blinker on each side. The ones that become hot when the light lights up. Its basically the power wire for the light.

Oh, and I have no problem hearing the buzzers even wearing a FF helmet AND earplugs. You don't need anything to be siren loud to hear it. I can hear someone talking at a regular tone standing next to me with my helmet and earplugs so these buzzers are great.

If you want one starting to get obnoxiously loud, go with this:

https://www.fruugo.us/panelmount-piezo/p-1316515-3456698?gclid=CNKsvo_g7McCFQguaQodfk0H4w

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Yes, they will work for any aftermarket signals that come with bullet connectors.

TST has them, also. Not sure about shipping to NL.

https://tstindustries.com/Yamaha-Signal-Plug-Converters-3-to-3.html

If you want to run 2 sets of signals (such as on the fairing and on bar ends, etc.) you can use these, also.

http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/w...-r6-fz6-fz6r-fz1-fz8-fz07-fz09-fj09-pair.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts