Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys... Am I the last person on Earth to arrive at this discovery? I'm talking about operating your blinkers on the handlebar. When I started riding, to turn on the blinker I would shift the switch right or left to active the light. Then to cancel it, I would then shift the switch in the opposite direction... thinking that's logical.. though I discovered I have to do that only part-way. Because if I flick the switch all the way, it activates the signal in the opposite direction. This proved to require some finesse.. and I would often feel silly activating the blinker right and left and right and left just trying to cancel the **** blinking. On my last ride, I have finally discovered that all I need to do is flipping PRESS the **** switch to deactivate it, and it works 100% of the time like a charm. Am I an idiot? Ok thanks, bye.

·
Registered
198 Posts
... If only they provided you with documentation that would explain how these things functioned and required you to pass some type of knowledge check to drive them on the road.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... If only they provided you with documentation that would explain how these things functioned and required you to pass some type of knowledge check to drive them on the road.
Lol.. I probably deserve that. But honestly I don’t remember seeing this anywhere until personal experimentation. I even remember reading or watching R3 reviews where they would talk about a sticky turn signal switch, so I kinda just assumed this was normal. Don’t believe everything you see on the net I guess..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not the silliest thing I’ve ever heard!

I’ll tell you one of the VERY FEW things I can’t stand about the R3.. How quiet (or altogether nonexistent) the blinker “Click” is on the bike. My last bike had an audible “Clink Clink :: pause :: Clink Clink” until you cancelled the blinker (by pressing in the button ;)). I find myself “Riding my blinker” OFTEN on this bike! I know it’s a bad habit to fail to cancel it after the turn, but I just haven’t adjusted to this yet, and I miss the louder reminder of a few other bikes I’ve ridden! /rant

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dude it's your first bike man. It's all gravy. I remember getting on a Harley for the first time, and not knowing that the turn signals are a flip switch on each side. Now you know!
That sucks on the harleys. I had a V-rod and it annoyed the **** out of me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nope same here. I also randomly check the dash to make sure I cancelled the signal. There's almost no feedback on the turn switch to indicate you've even pressed the button to the side enough to activate the turns. At times I thought I signaled and looked down to cancel only to discover I never turned them on!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts