Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-12VTZmzc

Audio isn't perfect but hopefully it gives an idea for the people who are curious about it.

I found these in my back up drive, thought they were currupt. Made a quick video before going to class haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
not bad, this is a pretty inexpensive exhaust slip on, correct? do you remember how much and do you think it's worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
not bad, this is a pretty inexpensive exhaust slip on, correct? do you remember how much and do you think it's worth it?

I cant speak on the quality/sound in person, but I ordered mine about a week ago and it ran me ~$230 with shipping to the US. I think for that price it's worth it. I just wanted something to replace the ugly stock muffler, and the Tyga muffler is really clean looking (can even choose between colored logo, no color logo, or blank with no logo) and even comes with the carbon fiber cover.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I cant speak on the quality/sound in person, but I ordered mine about a week ago and it ran me ~$230 with shipping to the US. I think for that price it's worth it. I just wanted something to replace the ugly stock muffler, and the Tyga muffler is really clean looking (can even choose between colored logo, no color logo, or blank with no logo) and even comes with the carbon fiber cover.
Aesthetics is definitely the main reason to go with the TYGA. It looks great and likely sheds a little bit of weight. You won't really have a noticeable sound difference, though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

There's a vendor on Ebay in Alabama that sold it to me for $190, idk if he's still around but it's worth a try! it's SUPER clean IRL, I get compliments on it. you can check my build thread in my signature and it has a couple specs on it in terms of size and weight. There's another exhaust called the DG V2 slip on exhaust that someone mentioned on the forums, but i don't like the YouTube videos I've seen of it. The DG V2 is about the same price but a little bit bigger.

IMO the TYGA is best bang for the buck. If you want any kind of performance, then you have to go with full slip on or M4 street slayer

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Aesthetics is definitely the main reason to go with the TYGA. It looks great and likely sheds a little bit of weight. You won't really have a noticeable sound difference, though.
Yeah I did it for the weight and visually smaller sized exhaust.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after i did a test run with my PCV, i saw my exhaust smoking. First I was like, awww yea, HP gain! But then realize that the inside foil part of the carbon fiber resin heat shield had detatched and was burning against the exhaust pipe.

Has anyone else had that foil/sticker part detach from the resin shield? Think I'm going to email TYGA and ask them if this is normal... I've only had it for two months.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So after i did a test run with my PCV, i saw my exhaust smoking. First I was like, awww yea, HP gain! But then realize that the inside foil part of the carbon fiber resin heat shield had detatched and was burning against the exhaust pipe.

Has anyone else had that foil/sticker part detach from the resin shield? Think I'm going to email TYGA and ask them if this is normal... I've only had it for two months.
Definitely email TYGA. They are fantastic to work with. If something is wrong they will do their best to help you out with it. They messed up an order I placed with them and shipped me out a new part w/ 2-day shipping from Thailand to the US. Great people.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
In this case though, it's awfully easy to simply snag some heat shield locally and attach it to the inside of the small Tyga cover. Yeah it didn't look super heavy duty to me, pretty thin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts