Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
I went to motorcycle live at the NEC yesterday with great excitement at seeing the new R3. Its as stunning as I hoped and felt very nice to sit on.
Checked out the Ninja 300, Honda CBR 300r and KTM 390 as well and confirmed my desire for the R3 even more :D
Reading the info next to the bike, RRP £4799.
Also on the official Yamaha price list I picked up. I was excepting around the 5000 mark and with ABS as standard I think thats a good price, I'll definitely be looking at putting a deposit down in the near future.
Ferris

·
Registered
665 Posts
A lot of good bikes out now.
I actually started looking at the KTM's coming from Yamaha's and Honda's.
There's even the Duke RC390 model that takes it up a serious notch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Guys
I went to motorcycle live at the NEC yesterday with great excitement at seeing the new R3. Its as stunning as I hoped and felt very nice to sit on.
Checked out the Ninja 300, Honda CBR 300r and KTM 390 as well and confirmed my desire for the R3 even more :D
Reading the info next to the bike, RRP £4799.
Also on the official Yamaha price list I picked up. I was excepting around the 5000 mark and with ABS as standard I think thats a good price, I'll definitely be looking at putting a deposit down in the near future.
Ferris
Were you able to have a sit on all three? Curious if you have any ergonomic tidbits to relay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only thing holding me back is that the nearest showroom is an hour away and I'd like to see a riders review of it to make sure it rides well. But you're right, theres nothing really holding me back, just getting round to it.

I did sit on all four bikes and the R3 felt most comfortable to me, I'm 6ft with a slim build. I was told I looked more comfortable on it than the other three bikes too. The tank was easy to grip with my legs and easy to reach the handle bars and levers.

·
Registered
665 Posts
wow that's quite a ways out from the nearest dealer.
i have yet to see journalists on one of these, hopefully some time soon we see indepth ride reviews going on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I guess that I'm just surprised anytime dealers are far away since I live in such a densely populated area. It's weird to think about what a small area I generally live my life in sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.