Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a universal sport bike stand combo (front & rear) used for cheap cheap cheap! So cheap I didn't even bother to see if it works with the R3...which leads me to this question: what size spool does our bike require?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
6 mm. Hope the 'cheap' stand works out. Careful, though - the money you save on a cheap stand can be more than offset by the cost of the bike falling off said cheap stand.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's only a $200 stand. I say cheap because I nabbed it for $50 off a guy who had a triumph it wouldn't fit on and it sat for a year ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
6 mm. Hope the 'cheap' stand works out. Careful, though - the money you save on a cheap stand can be more than offset by the cost of the bike falling off said cheap stand.
True.

And as a tip when assembling cheap stands, replace the weak zinc/galvanized nuts and bolts with rated* stainless steel units, and use Loctite on the threads. This will decrease the possibility of corrosion and of stripping threads, and will increase strength.

* Unlike cheap fasteners, whose quality can vary greatly, quality steel fasteners are rated according to ISO, SAE, and ASTM standards. Here is a brief sample: https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/materials-and-grades/bolt-grade-chart.aspx

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
It's only a $200 stand. I say cheap because I nabbed it for $50 off a guy who had a triumph it wouldn't fit on and it sat for a year ;)
Sweet deal!! - I love my Pit Bulls, but they are spendier than most - they ARE bullet-proof though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bumping up an old thread...

Does anyone know the distance between the swingarm bolts on either side? :confused: I don't have my bike yet so I can't measure. I'm trying to figure out if both the front and rear stand for this guy will fit our R3s. I'm assuming it should since the owners manual says the widest part is about 28.3 inches.

Venom Motorcycle Front & Rear Combo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bumping up an old thread...

Does anyone know the distance between the swingarm bolts on either side? :confused: I don't have my bike yet so I can't measure. I'm trying to figure out if both the front and rear stand for this guy will fit our R3s. I'm assuming it should since the owners manual says the widest part is about 28.3 inches.

Venom Motorcycle Front & Rear Combo

My rear stand is set at a hair over 12".

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts