Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just picked up a new (but old) Pirelli Supercorsa. It’s a rear (140/70) and was made late 2018 (date stamp 4018). It was given to me by a friend who is taking a break from riding but he forgot what compound it is. It doesn’t have the typical SC1/2/0 stamp on it, wondering if it was just an automatic SC1 since I think that’s when they first started making these tires in the smaller displacement bike sizes? Attached pics for reference.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up emailing Pirelli and they actually got back to me confirming it was an SC1! Thanks to those that came by, and a quick plug for the great Customer Affairs team at Pirelli!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Side note, Akrapovic's customer affairs is also top notch. I somehow lost the silencer for my Gen 1 full exhaust during one of my runs on my last track day and replacements were impossible to find in stock so I went through a vendor to order one back in Sept with an 8 week wait from Akra's distributor. Fast forward to Feb and I still haven't received it, vendor could only say that the delay was on Akra's distributor. On a whim I went to their site and emailed them asking whether that was true and surprisingly got a response within a week. I talked to the same rep back and forth and she helped me sort out the issue.

I'm still waiting for delivery (another 4 weeks since then, so hopefully this or next week), but in all honesty I'm just stoked I got assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts