Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Update on My R3

8K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Yamaha ZED 
#1 ·
Been doing some more performance mods and cosmetic to my R3.
Performance wise:
- Dynojet Quickshifter
- Preload Adjusters
- Vortex Sprockets (14/46)
- Vortex Chain
- Healtech Speedo Healer
Cosmetic Wise:
- Black out Tank Piece from a 2016 R3
- Immortal Graphix tank pad
- Luimoto Seat Cover
That's not all I have done of course, but will be doing a part on that in the future. Going to be one long video lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Do you have the ABS version of the r3? I bought the speedo healer from healtech, but I am afraid of installing it. It seems like you have to cut one of the ABS cables but I dont know which one. It would be awesome if you could make a Video or a Post about it!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

#11 ·
I do not have the ABS version. That's weird, you shouldn't have to do that (well Idk because mines isn't abs lol) but for mine i just connected it to the speed sensor and the oem plugs into the second plug it came with. I made a video on installing it, just haven't edited it yet. But I will have a video on how to install it, sorry i couldn't be more help

#18 · (Edited)
Wow for that much money and trouble just get an R6 and be done and have REAL acceleration.

Gotta love people who get a 300cc bike and pour money into it trying to make it something it will never be. Now I get wanting the bike to have a one-of-kind look, but mechanically, I leave that to the engineers at Yamaha.

Yea you get a bit better acceleration but at what cost? More engine wear, worse gas mileage, etc.

Nah, I'll stick with stock and if I want better acceleration I'll upgrade the part that matters most, the engine. ;)

#20 ·
He really hasn't spent that much money, definitely nowhere near the extra cost of an R6! I don't think he ever said he wanted it to be a superbike! It sounds like he's just made a few adjustments and additions to make the bike suit his needs a bit better and I don't think gas mileage is top priority for him. As for more "engine wear"... lol, time to wake up if you think any of his mods will make any noticeable difference to engine wear.

Maybe when you "upgrade the part that matters most, the engine" I'll tell you how you never rode the R3 to its full capabilities so you wasted your money getting a bigger bike ?

#19 ·
I've spent more on aftermarket parts then it would cost to buy a 600. Does this make me unwise? I'd say no because I all ready have an R6 and an R1. My R3 is totally tricked out and smokes 600 and 1000 in the canyons. Here's my list.
Graves Full system
FTECU flash with custom Graves mapping
Ohlins shock and fork kit
Graves frame sliders
Graves 41m riser bars
Graves break lever guard
Graves fender eliminator
Graves front turn signals
Dunlop Alpha 13 tires
Graves captive wheel spacers and chain adjustet retention kit
Graves 90* aluminum valve stems Active adjustable folding clutch and brake levers
Speed cell light weight battery
Steel brake lines from Goodridge
Next up is light weight forged wheels from Galespeed. I tried to get carbon wheels but rotobox doesn't have them.
Anyway ya this thing is trick and halls ass
When I reach 5000 miles I'm going to do the engine. ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Still waiting for the preload adjusters review? Did you also change the fork oil weight or something?
We don't get 15w here easily, there is 5w, 10w, 20w, couldn't find 15w , not sure if it would be better upgrade. Anyway the front suspension is like a pendulum with the stock setup. Stock oil is 10w.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Just added the Ohlins front and rear on my friends R3 Sunday before our ride. Same set up as my bike. He kept trying to make his work like mine without spending the money on the good stuff. Now after we got to the end of Latigo Cayon he couldn't thank me enough for talking him into a proper set up. Life is too short to waste a ride with inferior set ups!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.