Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't blame it on other things, you grabbed a fist full of front brake. You need to be smooth with all of your inputs when riding on wet roads.

Edit: You always need to be smooth, but more so in the wet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't blame it on other things, you grabbed a fist full of front brake. You need to be smooth with all of your inputs when riding on wet roads.

Edit: You always need to be smooth, but more so in the wet.
i'm not blaming anyone. on a motorcycle blaming does not helps.

however i didn't apply full brake or grab the clutch there , i give small amount pressure (like i always do ) and when i felt the i lose front i just release the brake clutch pressure, then bike found his way.

tyres are stock irc.

Edit: it's not wet, road shines because the quality of asphalt is bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You began braking early but once you noticed how fast you were approaching the vehicle in front, that's when you grabbed more brake and lost traction. It's wet out and the stock tires aren't the best, but aren't bad by any means. You just need to be smoother about applying the brakes more during situation like that, sometimes you can't avoid it. Glad you didn't go down!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You began braking early but once you noticed how fast you were approaching the vehicle in front, that's when you grabbed more brake and lost traction. It's wet out and the stock tires aren't the best, but aren't bad by any means. You just need to be smoother about applying the brakes more during situation like that, sometimes you can't avoid it. Glad you didn't go down!
No friend, i decrease my speed without touching brakes, i just cut off the throttle. Thats how i slow down to 80 to ~25kmh.

i applied really small amount brake when my speed only is ~25km/h, and front is not locked. due to bad asphalt and bad tyre i just lost the traction.

and trust me, when you combine turkish roads and irc tyres, this is how you make your bike unpredictable.

irc really and really bad tyre.

note: as you know, when you grab your brakes, you wont give enough time to suspension to collapse and this cause lowside almost instantly. in my case had time to recover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It looks like you reach for the brake and that's exactly when it happens. But, whatever floats your boat guy, that road looks much better than then ones I ride around on - even in the rain :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like you reach for the brake and that's exactly when it happens. But, whatever floats your boat guy, that road looks much better than then ones I ride around on - even in the rain :D
my index finger and thumb controls holding & throttle the remain fingers ( 3 of them )always on the brake, thats may cause the conflict between you and i :D ( it feels much comfortable. then the other technics. )

about the road part is seems you also living in 3'rd level country. it su#ks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I completely agree with the OP, the tires are awful and I know from experience they can let go with proper braking technique. I can't tell how much pressure he used on the brake lever but I believe him when he says it wasn't much. I also think he handled it and responded perfectly letting go of the brake when others would have crashed
I hope you've learned the lesson though and have purchased some decent rubber before it happens again

·
Registered
271 Posts
...................................and the purpose of upside down is what again? I forgot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts