Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I realised that there is 2 tube sticking out at the bottom of my bike. The tube with the red circling is a slightly thicker tube and it runs all the way up bike to I do not know where. Is it suppose to be there? It looks like it got cut off. And the other tube is thinner in size (circled orange). I have no idea where this tube runs from. The are both at the left side of the bike, just next to the clutch.

Did something happen that these tubes suddenly stick out? I just realised after riding it the whole afternoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
When rain water seeps in through the side of your gas cap they get drained through this tube to the ground instead of overflowing over your tank. Nothing to be alarmed about

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Okay thank you for the answer.

Okay the next thing I realised is a weird sound coming from the dash area of the bike when i ride it. It sounds like a high engine rattling sound but it gets louder when I ride it at 1st 2nd 3rd gear at 4-5k rpm. Even after i turn on the bike engine, there is the same sound like an engine fan rattling running sound running on idle. I suddenly notice it after my friend tried my bike for a short 1 2 round the parking lot.

I try to video it but if you can hear pass ths exhuast sound, it the higher note sound like a fan running.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's your radiator fan. It's High pitched when the coolant temp runs high like when there is negligible wind flow over your rad and needs some cool air.

Relax, bro. :) Despite the recall issue, these bikes are built with tried and true engineering and are basically incredibly reliable machines. That's why I have alwasy been a Yamaha and Honda guy. These aren't **** Suzukis or Kawasakis! (Sorry bro, I know you were a Suzuki guy to the bone, so don't kill me from heaven.)

I applaud your desire to know more, but these are Japanese bikes which are like Japanese cars. Give them the basic checks and maintenance they need, and they'll run forever. There aren't gremlins everywhere in your machine and some worker wasn't like, "**** it, it's Friday, instead of connecting this tube, I'm going to cut it and bail to go home."

I have been riding for years, but am not nearly as good on mechanics as I should be though. My suggestion would be to first get a basic motorcycle mechanics book and avail yourself of some knowledge of the systems and it will help you a great deal to understand how things work and why there need to be things like breather tubes, etc. A great common practice should be to get the requisite manual for your bike EVERY TIME. People blow through it, but learning the correct break in periods, lube needs, preventive checks and maintenance schedules, etc will be vital to the overall health of your bike. Learning the overall scheme and how each system, like the cooling, actual engine, etc and such work will help you understand and figure out certain things on your bike when in doubt.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Man, that is a strange thing to place the gear order right down there with the clutch. I mean, every time I ride, I have to pull over before I change gears to refer to the gear order molded down there so I'll know what gear to shift it to! People keep honking at me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts