Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my personal experience/rating for the Vagabond fender eliminator with pictures! (Cell phone so pardon the quality).

Fit: 10/10
Fits the bike perfectly and aligned with all mounting holes. Looks like an OEM part. Doesn't leave any un-appealing gaps or holes from the stock fender.

Finish: 10/10
B-E-A-U-tiful. Was very impressed by the quality of the product. Seems like it is very solid, well built, and looks great.

Aesthetics on Bike: 9/10
SUCH an improvement over the stock unit. No more big ugly thing hanging over the back. Tucks neatly under the tail. My only complaints have to do with the licence plate and light. I find the licence angled upwards so the light doesn't hit it that well as it is aiming straight down. The plate looks good angled that way but I feel the lighting position should have been angled as well to better illuminate it. It only illuminates the top half of the plate and then sort of fades away.

Cost: 10/10
I live in Canada and even with conversion and shipping I'd say it was a great price compared to competition.

Installation: 9/10
Installation was very easy and straightforward. The only problems I had were to do with the layout of the wires on the bike as they were rather annoying to put back, but this has nothing to do with the eliminator itself.

Overall: 9/10

For me the only thing stopping me from giving it 10/10 is the licence plate light. I do really wish it illuminated it better but that's a small detail that is more personal preference than anything as it still does the job proper. Pictures attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Good review, NoQu4rt3r. Those rear reflectors never looked more dumb than when you put a side-by-side pic WITH and withOUT them. LOL. Good job!

Heh-heh, safety first though, ...right? ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No place to mount them on the eliminator. I'm probably going to make some brackets using the old fender to put them back. I've had two bikes hit in parking lots because people couldn't see them so will be getting them back on soon. If I don't I'll send em to someone to put two sets on...extra safety ;P

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like a quality piece. Only pet peeve about it is there's so much metal showing around the license plate light. I really wished they made it similar to their FZ-07 FE. I can see it works perfectly good with the stock signals but im sure everyone will be switching those out sooner or later. Still waiting to get rid of those ugly floppy orange size blinkers...

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts