Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still a bit surprised they went with the black and yellow livery of the old Yamaha USA bike like Kenny used to ride and not the classic white and red corp colors...

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Their explanation:

"The special colour scheme of his YZR-M1 was similar to the one he and Colin Edwards sported ten years ago when they marked Yamaha‘s 50th anniversary at the Raceway Laguna Seca with a double podium".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Exactly. And the reason Yamaha chose the yellow livery for the 50th anniversary, was as a tribute to Kenny Roberts, the first American to win a GP championship on his yellow YZR500

·
Registered
717 Posts
Their explanation:

"The special colour scheme of his YZR-M1 was similar to the one he and Colin Edwards sported ten years ago when they marked Yamaha?s 50th anniversary at the Raceway Laguna Seca with a double podium".
I was there. Only GP race I've been to. It was AWESOME!! Still have the brushed aluminum "50th Anniversary" sticker on the side of my jeep. I met Damon Buckmaster and Colin Edwards in the pits on Saturday. Colin signed my Valentino Rossi scale replica bike's box... OVER VALENTINO'S NAME!! LOL! He's a character!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts