Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys do any of you get a slight vibration at around 6500 rpm and goes away around 7000 rpm 5 gear, 6 gear mostly it just annoying because that the speed that i usually cruise to or that way the r3 is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How many miles you have on the chain a sprockets. Also may just need an oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
anyone else have a bad vibration coming from their bike? this is the first i've herad this and plan on getting on this weekend....

·
Registered
18 Posts
The vibrations will also depend on what gear you're in. In general however, beyond 7k you're in for some parallel-twin shaking action, that's just the nature of it. As such, V4s or inline 4s have less vibrations because the same RPMs are being generated more cylinders. This is also what gives the single cylinder bikes a unique sound, and fun to ride.

·
Registered
507 Posts
my current bike is single cylinder and it vibrates like mad, the r3 has got to be less!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi guys do any of you get a slight vibration at around 6500 rpm and goes away around 7000 rpm 5 gear, 6 gear mostly it just annoying because that the speed that i usually cruise to or that way the r3 is.
Roll it back to the dealer if under warranty and get them to look at it, and for that piece of mind. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
these are cheaply made sportbikes. An old trick i did when i raced quads was fill the bars with clear silicon caulk. This filled the bars and empty space with something light and flexible, it also took away vibrations.

·
Registered
507 Posts
>that< is an Excellent IdeaBarndog53! I think I'll try it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts