Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 350 Miles on the bike so far and it's been great! I'm a new motorcycle rider as well so I don't have a ton of experience with this but I noticed that during "dig" accelerations and turns while accelerating there is some heavy vibration in the rear end.

Is this normal with a twin cylinder setup? Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Motorcycle and vibrations are pretty much synonymous because you are essentially sitting on a rolling engine. Some motorcycles, the vibrations are more noticeable than others.

But its really had to tell you if you are experience something normal or if there is something wrong because there needs to be more specificity.

Where in the rear are you feeling it? On your butt? On the back tire?

Check out this vid of the R3's rear indicator, this is just from idling, how much it is responding to the vibration.

https://youtu.be/fo81I1NarEM

·
Registered
665 Posts
That's weird.
Have you spoke to your dealer about this to see if they might have any similar reported cases to feed back to you?

Crazy how much that R3 in the video above is vibrating.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's weird.
Have you spoke to your dealer about this to see if they might have any similar reported cases to feed back to you?

Crazy how much that R3 in the video above is vibrating.
I think it's pretty normal.
the higher the rpm, the less the vibration

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to be working itself out as I put more miles on it, i'm still getting some vibration (in the seat) during low RPM pulls especially when cornering. My first service is due in a couple hundred miles, I will report back with the dealerships findings if any. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts