Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed some bar end sliders on my R3, and noticed vibration on the throttle side of my bars. Maybe it was more from going on longer rides right after I installed the sliders, but I noticed it and wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue and if there was a way to lessen it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
pictures please? what kind of bar ends have you installed? that'll give us all a better idea what could be the problem

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not have this issue. It's weird that it's the one side...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what I thought, maybe its loose? Ill check at work tomorrow, it seems like I got it nice and tight but maybe it just needs a little more.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Seems most of the Japanese vertical twin engines I have owned have had some vibration somewhere in the mid range. At times the vibration seems more pronounced on one side. On my Versys, I checked my engine mounting bolts on the right side and one was not torqued properly. In addition it needed a shim. After I fixt that, I wrapped my grips with tennis handle tape to widen the circumference and that seems to help also. Or you can try some of the foam handle wraps like Grip Buddies. I do not like the spongy feel of those so that is why I went with tennis tape. Good luck,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any chance you can get a pillion on the back to video it?
Not sure what you mean, but I don't think its enough vibration to actually video, its only slight and I can only feel it in my hand. The bar end felt a little loose so I tightened it, rain in the forecast though so I won't be able to get on the bike long enough to see if I fixed it or not until Monday.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure what you mean, but I don't think its enough vibration to actually video, its only slight and I can only feel it in my hand. The bar end felt a little loose so I tightened it, rain in the forecast though so I won't be able to get on the bike long enough to see if I fixed it or not until Monday.

Does this word not exist in the US?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Does this word not exist in the US?

LOL :D

I wouldn't be surprised American English and British English are two different languages according to the Yanks :D

Reactions: Redrose
1 - 13 of 13 Posts