Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been debating if I should wrap my R3, probably a Red, Gray and Black Digital Camo.

Has anyone else wrapped their bike? If so how much is recommended to get so I won't get less than I am supposed to...

Thank in Advance!

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't have photoshop, but thankfully my GF is awesome.

Attachments

Reactions: kevinnj81

·
Registered
162 Posts
All I want is white sides bahaha I've seen a couple that I can't figure out if they're vinyl wrapped or plastic dipped

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Just say no to plasti-dip. It looks and feels awful. Vinyl is the way to go.

Here is a chopped photo of a white R3. It has red wheels on it, I can only assume someone was trying to make it look like a 959 Panigale. This is what my GF uses to try out new vinyl schemes for me. :D

I don't know how I feel about the lower fairing not being black though. I think it might look weird.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Only thing I've plastidip was wheels on a car for winter lol. I'd also just want to rip it off. I want white fairing I think I go back and forth on what I want hahah

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
R125 inspired R3 decal with my amateurish photoshop skills, what do you guys think? Wanna do this on my bike but i already spent some money on the red reflective rim linings...

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
MDF has some sick decal kits for the R3. Very retro Yamaha centric. One forum member did the Pumpkin Yellow Strobe kit, which is very similar to the current Yellow/Black/White color schemes for the R6/R1.

Here are pics of the two kits I know MDF has available for the R3.

·
Registered
218 Posts
R125 inspired R3 decal with my amateurish photoshop skills, what do you guys think? Wanna do this on my bike but i already spent some money on the red reflective rim linings...
Rather than going through the pain and time of a personal wrap, or shelling out for a professional job, i'd probably just cop these fairings. Somewhat similar to your design, and they're basically a blank canvas to add more color or stickers wherever you'd like

·
Registered
389 Posts

Here is a chopped photo of a white R3. It has red wheels on it, I can only assume someone was trying to make it look like a 959 Panigale. This is what my GF uses to try out new vinyl schemes for me. :D

I don't know how I feel about the lower fairing not being black though. I think it might look weird.
Yea, that white looks sick. But if have to have paint. Mabee Pearl White.

·
Registered
304 Posts

I think the white w red wheels looks the best. Monochromatic paint schemes are timeless and the wheels add just enough color. It looks like this pic has the "R3" with a grey or off white backing? very cool

·
Registered
105 Posts

Hi msdss, i took inspiration from your pic, & changed it slightly (since my rims already have red reflective tape), and ordered a custom fairing. Shall see how it goes :D

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi msdss, i took inspiration from your pic, & changed it slightly (since my rims already have red reflective tape), and ordered a custom fairing. Shall see how it goes :D
Nice, please post some pics when it's all done!

·
Registered
321 Posts
MDF has some sick decal kits for the R3. Very retro Yamaha centric. One forum member did the Pumpkin Yellow Strobe kit, which is very similar to the current Yellow/Black/White color schemes for the R6/R1.

Here are pics of the two kits I know MDF has available for the R3.

That yellow and black scheme just caused me to have a bike-gasm. Similar to a cargasm, but caused by a bike. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice, please post some pics when it's all done!
Update from the seller, all's looking good, except they got the wrong colour for the mudguard, center portion of the fuel tank and the two panels on the left and right of the dashboard (they're supposed to be black) haha!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Update from the seller, all's looking good, except they got the wrong colour for the mudguard, center portion of the fuel tank and the two panels on the left and right of the dashboard (they're supposed to be black) haha!
Very interesting!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fairing is coming in tomorrow, very stoked for it :D But does anybody know where i can find some tutorial to replace R3 fairing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts