Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice. I would love to do that someday in the future. Did you have to register with a club or have membership?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You guys have all the cool tracks in the east/southeast!

Reactions: phear86

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Very nice. I would love to do that someday in the future. Did you have to register with a club or have membership?
I +1 his question!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Just look up track day organizations that do track days in your area and register for a day/weekend. You'll have to do a school the first time usually which includes classroom and track time. Some have optional memberships, but most don't. Once you find an organization, just go to their website and read the rules.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just look up track day organizations that do track days in your area and register for a day/weekend. You'll have to do a school the first time usually which includes classroom and track time. Some have optional memberships, but most don't. Once you find an organization, just go to their website and read the rules.
That! Visit local track's websites for schedules of racing. The organizations I run with are not memberships, though they do have annual membership fees that offer discounts for track days. For the occasional rider, not required. Prep your bike. Oil change, chain maintenance/tension, on the loose side or maximum tolerance, tire wear and pressures. Start with stock pressure and adjust as you go. Have a good time!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I like how they run track days in the states but here in Japan they have this system where you get a "circuit license" for like $150 or so. Basically it's just a fancy way of saying yearly membership. The cool thing about the system here though is you pay per session. As in~20-30 bucks for a 30 minute session. If you think about it, I would say its roughly equal to the $150 track day the average SoCal org charges, for the same amount of time, but you can always save some money when you don't feel like riding, like around lunch or so. Me personally I get tired by 3:30 and probably skip the last session, so the system here in Japan might work better in my favor.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I like how they run track days in the states but here in Japan they have this system where you get a "circuit license" for like $150 or so. Basically it's just a fancy way of saying yearly membership. The cool thing about the system here though is you pay per session. As in~20-30 bucks for a 30 minute session. If you think about it, I would say its roughly equal to the $150 track day the average SoCal org charges, for the same amount of time, but you can always save some money when you don't feel like riding, like around lunch or so. Me personally I get tired by 3:30 and probably skip the last session, so the system here in Japan might work better in my favor.
Hmm, that's interesting and unique. Seems like a bit of a hassle, but more efficient financially. Do you have to pay as you go then, or can you just pay at the beginning for say 5 or 6 sessions? If it's as you go, I don't think I'd want to bother to keep going somewhere to pay in between sessions. Also, how do they check each time whether you paid or not?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hmm, that's interesting and unique. Seems like a bit of a hassle, but more efficient financially. Do you have to pay as you go then, or can you just pay at the beginning for say 5 or 6 sessions? If it's as you go, I don't think I'd want to bother to keep going somewhere to pay in between sessions. Also, how do they check each time whether you paid or not?
I can't even answer that, haven't been out yet here lol. One of the American (not military though) guys out here was describing it to me (the circuit licensing) and when I went to one of the track websites, I found out about how you basically pay for each session. I'm dying to get back onto a track. If I don't have duty, I will go on the 22nd. First track day in Japan and first one in over a year lol.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I can't even answer that, haven't been out yet here lol. One of the American (not military though) guys out here was describing it to me (the circuit licensing) and when I went to one of the track websites, I found out about how you basically pay for each session. I'm dying to get back onto a track. If I don't have duty, I will go on the 22nd. First track day in Japan and first one in over a year lol.
Which one? They got some pretty decent ones out there. Motegi, Suzuka, Fuji, Sugo, etc.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Which one? They got some pretty decent ones out there. Motegi, Suzuka, Fuji, Sugo, etc.
The 22nd is sodegaura forest raceway which requires that licensing. A guy named Jason Fullington is hosting a track day at ebisu on the 28th. It's an open track day so no licensing I guess. That's a 5 hour ride though, but then again so was San Diego to chuckwalla.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great patience in getting around those first few riders, it's tempting to muscle it up in there around the corners but most org don't allow novice to pass in a corner. I've got mine prep to ride Barbar Motorsports on April 15th. we'll see how she does. I've done a dozen or so TD on the R6 but this will be the first on the R3 / junior.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great patience in getting around those first few riders, it's tempting to muscle it up in there around the corners but most org don't allow novice to pass in a corner. I've got mine prep to ride Barbar Motorsports on April 15th. we'll see how she does. I've done a dozen or so TD on the R6 but this will be the first on the R3 / junior.
Yes, frustrating. I get blown away on the straights only to meet up with them in the brake zones and corners. I hope I'm doing the R3 community proud. This Org. says passing when bikes are straight up, but that's hard when 600's+ are powering at the same time. I learned from the CR's that there are some smaller passing zones, I just have to time my corner entries better, stay closer to the bikes ahead to take advantage of the entry and exit speeds to make a quick legal pass after a corner. Learning something new each track day. I hear the R3 feels like a 10 speed compared to bigger CCs. Keep us posted. Thanks for watching and comment.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yes, frustrating. I get blown away on the straights only to meet up with them in the brake zones and corners. I hope I'm doing the R3 community proud. This Org. says passing when bikes are straight up, but that's hard when 600's+ are powering at the same time. I learned from the CR's that there are some smaller passing zones, I just have to time my corner entries better, stay closer to the bikes ahead to take advantage of the entry and exit speeds to make a quick legal pass after a corner. Learning something new each track day. I hear the R3 feels like a 10 speed compared to bigger CCs. Keep us posted. Thanks for watching and comment.
You just need to go faster so you can get out of the novice group ;)

Reactions: matrix22

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah sure will, hope to get a few video's this Saturday and I'll post. You need to drive down to Little Talladega and Barbar and ride. I usually ride with Sportbiketracktime, they have a TD at Carolina Motorsports the first of July if you want to ride then. Let me know and we can hook up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts