Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those upgrading or changing out their exhaust, I would like to get a stock muffler to experiment with. Please post or PM me as to what you want for muffler, and shipping to 95828
thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same, shoot me an offer and I'll let you know.... minor scratch on the side of it from brushing against a rock wall, aside from that its golden.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay - to those who responded - I know it is cheap, but only looking to spend say $50 for a muffler. It may turn out that it becomes some scrap metal. Just want to experiment....
Shipping would be to 95828
Or if nearby, I can pick up and pay cash...
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't have enough post to pm you but I can let it go for 50$ + shipping . It'll be from SoCal 92704. Let me know

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any feedback on your experiment?
Actually, from what I can see the cat does a lot of "muffling" of the exhaust note, so unless a complete system is installed, there isn't a big increase in the exhaust note.
I removed the stainless end cap, and - of course - had to chisel the the end plate out as it was spot welded in. Made a bit of a mess, mostly when it came time to try to fit the stainless cap on. Cut the outlet pipe out with 1 1/2 " hole saw, cut a 1 1/2" hole thru baffle, then welded in a short piece of 1 1/2" tubing. Trimmed outlet same as stock, and other than the scuffing on stainless cap, and a large outlet pipe, looks stock. Basically a straight through muffler.
Slightly louder, but the real difference was in mid and upper roll on power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts