Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a set of the white side fairings.

Will also trade straight across with someone looking for Silver/Blue ones...

I'm also looking for the Gas Tank Center Piece in Black.

Cheers!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ron Ayers has them for $108-125. However, Yamaha parts house has them for under $100 but I never used them before.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ron Ayers has them for $108-125. However, Yamaha parts house has them for under $100 but I never used them before.
Good find!

Appears to be $173 (plus shipping) for the pair at the YamahaPartsHouse for the bare fairing, no fittings, hardware or graphics.

They don't currently have any white ones in stock. Neither does Ron Ayers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know they don't come with hardware but are you sure the sticker isn't already on there? This was many years ago but when I ordered side fairings for my F4i the graphics were already installed on it.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know they don't come with hardware but are you sure the sticker isn't already on there? This was many years ago but when I ordered side fairings for my F4i the graphics were already installed on it.
I was just going by the exploded parts diagram. They show the parts numbers and prices for each individual component of the whole fairing.

Thinking about now, it wouldn't make much sense to make a buyer install the decals themselves.

I'm guessing I was wrong and that the price for the part they show as "1" in the diagram includes the decals.

Best to give one of the parts houses, or a Yamaha dealer, a call and verify what's included.

Apologies for that misdirection........

Here's the link to the parts catalog page:

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/54fdc9a387a86510e8210420/cowling-1

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just remembered another site I have used in the past and they are pretty cheap too.

Mrcycles.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just remembered another site I have used in the past and they are pretty cheap too.

Mrcycles.
Good find!

I just checked them out. They are the cheapest yet.

Seems all of the OEM parts places are showing same inventory quantities so their computers may pull availability directly from a central Yamaha warehouse

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think you're right.

It's nice knowing when the girl drops her R3 that it won't cost a arm and a leg to replace the fairings. Heck, I might just pick up a couple of sides just to keep as spares.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I think you're right.

It's nice knowing when the girl drops her R3 that it won't cost a arm and a leg to replace the fairings. Heck, I might just pick up a couple of sides just to keep as spares.
Yeah, those are VERY reasonable prices. I'm actually pretty surprised since I expected prices around $250+ for each side.

If I can't get them through the Forum as takeoffs I'll just buy a set there. Question is, when will they have stock?

Also, it never hurts to have spares. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm going to double check all this at my local dealership today and verify those part numbers and what's included.....I'd hate to spend the money and then receive just the hardware pack for the fairings in the mail!
And, yes, before you ask, that's happened to me before.

Update:

Ordered the fairings and a black tank center panel today locally. They wouldn't price match to MRCYCLES.com but they split the difference for me. Total price at MRCYCLES including shipping was $187.72, at my local dealer it was $225.00, including tax, so I paid $37.00 more but I supported my local small business. I'm always happy to do that if the difference isn't huge, plus I know some of the guys and women that work there so that's even better.

All parts ordered should be here in 1-2 weeks max.

Parts guy said when there's a dashed line around something on the parts diagram, that usually means they get the whole thing: fairing, hardware, graphics, grommets, etc. He wasn't sure, though, so it may come in bare.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fairings and Tank Center Panel arrived today. 5 days from order date.

They come with all graphics and 7 spring clips pre-installed, ready to mount.

I'm going to try to get them installed on the bike tomorrow.

White ones and black ones are $64 each side, Blue ones are $74 each side at procaliber.com. Tank Center Panel is $27. Free shipping over $99 and no tax.

http://www.procaliber.com/

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice to know everything is included. I priced my R1 side fairings and they are over $300 a side. Note to self. Don't drop the R1. Ever!

Can't believe how reasonable the plastics are on the R3.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice to know everything is included. I priced my R1 side fairings and they are over $300 a side. Note to self. Don't drop the R1. Ever!

Can't believe how reasonable the plastics are on the R3.
Yep, from past experience I was expecting around $200-$250 per side..

List price on these is only $103 for the black or white ones and $118 for the blue/silver ones.

Other R3 plastics are equally reasonable in price and the online sites sell most for of them around 40% off list.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts