Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Watch me compete (and lose) for last place at my first race ever!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  EngineeringAnon 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago I rode in my first ULGT race (N300/RC390/R3) and took 4th out of 6 (one did not grid and one did not finish). So essentially I took last place.

Let me know what you guys think and I'm open to any tips and constructive criticism!

https://youtu.be/hlwMNHKxa3g

#2 ·
Don't feel bad man, you're competing against a guy that races in MotoAmerica, Adam (who's fast as ****), and Cameron (who got really fast really quick!). Also, was the orange 300, Alex Wisdom?? It looks like his bike. I'm confused as to why he wasn't at the front though because last year he won most of those races and was always fighting it out with Adam.

Come to MPH in Hastings, NE sometime. Our group is pretty similar to MCRA in the format except for we only do 2 groups during the track day, and both our races are at the end of the day, and they're shorter in length. We have a lot more than 5-6 people running in that class. Last year we had 18 people on the grid at one point. Right now there are 13 signed up to race in the little bike class for next Saturday, and there is still a week left to sign up. I'm sure there will be somewhere around 15-20 by then, as long as the weather stays dry. It's a fun track too!

#4 ·
Don't feel bad man, you're competing against a guy that races in MotoAmerica, Adam (who's fast as ****), and Cameron (who got really fast really quick!). Also, was the orange 300, Alex Wisdom?? It looks like his bike. I'm confused as to why he wasn't at the front though because last year he won most of those races and was always fighting it out with Adam.!
I don't feel bad, Adam crashed out in turn 9 (pretty scary crash) so I technically beat him. Alex actually blew the motor on that Ninja 300 last year at Hallett (or maybe ncm?) and technically it wasn't his bike. Never the less, the bike was sold to a guy who took the race clinic on Saturday so it was his first race too.

For the N300 having much less stock horsepower, that bike definitely pulled hard on me on the straits. The engine that's in it is stock but everything else is aftermarket. My R3 has a 100% stock engine/drive chain/sprockets, I've only upgraded ergonomics and suspension.

Maybe I'll look into coming out there for a race sometime! =] I assume they will accept my MCRA race license?

#5 ·
That phone is my $20 datalogger and lap timer. I use my old Nexus 5X and RaceChronoPro app.

I brake hard on entry to turn 1, turn 5, turn 7 and a little trail braking into 8 and 9. Hard braking is very short and quick, to ride fast on a small bike you really don't use much brakes.

#7 ·
atta boy got your first race under your belt...how did it feel lining up on the grid before the flag drops revving the bike up and waiting to dump the clutch? :D

your only going to get faster keep at it and keep the shiny side up!

#11 ·
atta boy got your first race under your belt...how did it feel lining up on the grid before the flag drops revving the bike up and waiting to dump the clutch? :D

your only going to get faster keep at it and keep the shiny side up!
I cut it from the video but I was a little thrown off since someone stole my grid spot and I had to wait for them to move so I was a little rushed. The weather was a little chilly so my helmet was fogging up so I had to keep that open until we were moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.