Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking at getting an Akrapovic slip on (Slip-On Line SS) exhaust for my R3. But it looks like it would get water in it if it rains, this is a concern for me because we have a wet season where I live. I am asking you guys if this would be an issue if water did get in my exhaust, otherwise ill buy a different one if its a problem. Although I really want to buy this one for the looks and the sound. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you park inside or outside? It's not really an issue as most exhausts point up at an angle. If you constantly left it out during a rain storm, water would settle at lowest point of exhaust, but would just blow out on start up or dry up beforehand.

FYI, slip-ons are purely for looks on the R3 as you still have the CAT before it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Water can get in your OEM exhaust as well so that shouldn't be a factor in buying an exhaust. If you are expecting biblical levels of rain I suggest you construct an ark.

Otherwise covering the tip with something heat resistant and water repelling should help. If you don't intend to ride the bike even a plastic bag taped over the end will do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wouldn't be undercover when i park it at work all day, so i was just worried if it would pool up at the bottom. But if you guys assure me it should be okay then Ill probably get it. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts