Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Easily the best and brightest led's on the market.
For those with the red and white R3 you can put on the notes to get them in Triumph crystal white. Should be a close enough match. Also, for a slightly more money you can get the Yamaha wiring adapter installed for plug and play.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just ordered a set. Now the waiting game begins.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just ordered a set too, I'm thinking about making the flush mounts either blue or silver to match it with the bike after they arrive

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just ordered a set too, I'm thinking about making the flush mounts either blue or silver to match it with the bike after they arrive
You could pick up a can of ColorRite.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yep that's the idea, just undecided on wich color to go for between blue and silver, probably silver though
Colorite doesn't have the silver. Only Blue, Red and Black

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

They do ship internationally, though.

You could also get it color matched in Italy using the name and color code:

Deep Purplish Bue Metallic 'C', 0564 DPBMC

·
Registered
45 Posts
Colorite doesn't have the silver. Only Blue, Red and Black

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

They do ship internationally, though.

You could also get it color matched in Italy using the name and color code:

Deep Purplish Bue Metallic 'C', 0564 DPBMC
Well that helps narrow down the choice :p

Is there any other way to replicate the same silver as on the blue R3?
I wanted to try painting some of the black plastics as Mike-The-Bike did in this thread but with blue and silver

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that helps narrow down the choice :p

Is there any other way to replicate the same silver as on the blue R3?
I wanted to try painting some of the black plastics as Mike-The-Bike did in this thread but with blue and silver
The color code sticker is under the passenger seat and says 02MS1-010 on mine, which is also a blue one.
Maybe that # has info about the silver in it?

There's also this that shows how to interpret the sticker

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/yamaha-parts/color-codes.aspx

·
Registered
326 Posts
Unless you are removing the factory graphics, in my opinion the blue will look better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a pic of them installed on my R1 in one of my posts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great news! My order is being shipped on Monday.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What is the pricing on these signals? They are absolutely gorgeous, but I'm guessing that quality/aesthetic comes at a steep price tag. I'd consider shelling out the cash if I could get it in a color matched silver or blue, but it looks like they only come in black?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the TST smoke flash mounts on front and I know they're not visible during day.
I was at a 4 way stop and a car across from me didn't see them on, and as I started turning left he gunned it thinking I was gonna go straight, all was ok but it got me thinking of some better lights.
How visible are those from front during they day ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
My paypad invoice was 120 Canadian. Which converted to $86 USD. I paid more then that for them years ago on my R1 so this was a quite a nice surprise.

I'm getting mine is white but yes typically come in just black. You would be own your own to paint them any other color.

I am disappointed with the clear TST signals which is why I'm ditching them. These are super bright. Best way to describe them is to just picture a welding arc! I never had a issue with confused drivers since I had them on my R1 for a few years.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to see it on your bike.
Did you get one of the universal models or are they doing R3 specific ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
They only have the universal FZ style which appears to be a direct fitment for the R3. Will know for sure by next week. Of course I'll post pics.

·
Registered
346 Posts
They only have the universal FZ style which appears to be a direct fitment for the R3. Will know for sure by next week. Of course I'll post pics.
I'm guessing it will fit just fine. Other signals for the FZ series have been swappable onto the R3. I believe out taillights are also the same as the FZs.

I'll have to think about this. I sometimes worry about my TST flush mounts not being bright enough but I haven't ran into any dangerous situations just yet (though I don't like the idea of waiting around for one, lol). If I could find a proper silver I would consider painting them. Although, I think the 2016 blue R3s are blue and white instead of Blue and silver, in which case I could get a set of those fairings and get some of these signals in white.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts