Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The young pup put the MT-03 into a ditch and did this to the helmet. Then got up and rode back to town to catch an Uber to the hospital - very sore shoulder & tail-bone and a small abrasion on the forehead & sore ear (from the helmet liner).
Buy a very good helmet that fits. And wear it.
And pay attention.
:geezer :geezer :geezer

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
The young pup put the MT-03 into a ditch and did this to the helmet. Then got up and rode back to town to catch an Uber to the hospital - very sore shoulder & tail-bone and a small abrasion on the forehead & sore ear (from the helmet liner).
Buy a very good helmet that fits. And wear it.
And pay attention.
Good advice. Glad the young pup is okay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been riding for 10 years and never owned a helmet worth more than $100. My daily helmet is a cheap POS from Aldi, but it actually fits really well and is very comfortable.

Considering I own about $20k worth of bikes, and a $80 helmet, this seems quite ridiculous. So this morning I picked up a (second hand of course) Arai Vector 2. Looks brand new, and at 1/3 retail price.

Man I've been missing out! I picked it up from the guy this morning on the way to work and proceeded to throw my Aldi lump straight into the nearest bin :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can relate to upgrading on a better quality helmet. Yea, a little more $ to shell out but when I purchased a full faced Shoei (not knowing what to expect) was impressed with the quality and fit compared to my other helmets. I would hope to think it has better protection but don't really want to find out. But any DOT helmets is worth wearing than riding without one (helmet-less). That's just plain nuts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hhhmmmm

Here's a Pro Tip for young players -

Don't spend the insurance pay-out for the helmet on a jetski licence and then not have enough money for the same quality helmet.
Fortunately, mid-range helmets are better than they used to be.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any helmet is better than no helmet at all... - I have 5 helmets in my garage that I wear based on weather conditions, bike I ride and planned riding style. That goes from a cheap jet helmet for 30€ when I cruise in high summer on my R1200RT to a full face Schuberth racing helmet with pinlock visor for rainy days in fall. :)

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is proved that rules and regulations are made for our safety. I am glad that you are safe.
My husband's face and head took the greatest impact with the tree. He took a direct hit in the face which leads the doctor to proclaim that He was lucky to be wearing a full-face helmet. It didn't crack, the visor didn't break. His cheekbones weren't crushed or bruised, his spine was fine, his neck was only slightly sprained.

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
It is proved that rules and regulations are made for our safety. I am glad that you are safe.
My husband's face and head took the greatest impact with the tree. He took a direct hit in the face which leads the doctor to proclaim that He was lucky to be wearing a full-face helmet. It didn't crack, the visor didn't break. His cheekbones weren't crushed or bruised, his spine was fine, his neck was only slightly sprained.
Glad he faired out as well as he did. Like you said, pays to wear a helmet. But, that's a heck of a way to justify getting a new helmet. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
****! That's why I always wear a helmet whenever I ride my bike and I also take time to research what to buy whenever I need a new one. Expensive doesn't always mean better quality... but when it comes to helmets, most of the time, it does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts