Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New to the R3 Forums... I hope posting in this section is okay. Long story short I purchased a brand new 2021 yamaha r3 about 6 months ago. At this point I've put a little over 3000 miles on the bike and started to notice a few interesting noises. Basically, turning the wheel left to right when going under 15mph or at a dead stop makes this weird "clanky" noise from the front end.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I can feel it in the handlebar as well. The noise also occurs when using the front brake at low speed, probably around 5 mph or less. Is this something that is considered normal on this bike or should I be concerned? It's only getting worse as of late and I'm very paranoid lol what all could I check on to further diagnose my problem? I have a video for evidence, maybe I can post it on YouTube and put the link below to show you guys what I'm talking about specifically. Thank you for your time :)

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
150 Posts
With such a low mile, new bike my guess is there's something either not tightened properly like the steering head bearing, or there's something routed incorrectly or impeding the handlebars/forks when turning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts