Yamaha R3 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've added a few items to my R3. Today, it got a Vagabond fender eliminator and a ram mount for the top clamp. Yesterday, I put it on a wheel chock stand. Previously, I added a Battery Tender pig tail for charger to the battery and a 12V outlet to the top clamp that I can connect to the pig tail for power or disconnect and charge the battery. Next up will be shorty levers. Then I think the stock turn indicators may need to go in exchange for smaller indicators at some time in the near future.
Hey would you care to share (pics would be a bonus) what you bought exactly and how you mounted your ram mount, as well as the 12v outlet up top? Both things I’d like to get the parts for and tackle. Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Installed a Akrapovic GP Slip on. Picked it up for $200CAD cash. Was running the bike with no cat for the last 500kms or so, but just couldn't bear looking at that little ding dong sticking out. 100% satisfied with the slip on!
That’s awesome! Can you share where you got the slip on for so cheap in Canada!? I’m in guelph.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got my TST accessories installed.. what a difference. Still waiting on the new fairing before I can do the flush mount LEDs.

Is that license plate light the one from tst? And did you stick it to the back of their bracket? I think their instructions show it sticking to the back of the actual plate, which I wasn’t sure was what I’d want..

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I installed MotoGP folding clutch lever from hot bodies. Funny they named it that. I haven’t rode the bike with new clutch yet. I probably should before taking it to the track.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Took it to the track. Doing second of three sessions in a few minutes. Finally dragged right side knee lol. Was never able to for some reason. Feels the same as left side the first time I did that. Also tried my pin lock for the first time and can say I love how it works. My left side of my face and both hands are just numb though cause it’s so cold. Hella slow lap times cause I’m riding like a bitch in this cold weather.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I haven’t ridden ina week due to pre deployment preps. I did ship my old K Tech Razor RR shock back to Computrack Boston for regular service and to see what was up with the early oil leak. Not sure why the seals didn’t last very long. I ordered a second shock, so I will have an Ohlins for testing and which ever I like the most will be my primary and the other a back up. The stock shock is currently on it, and stockis something I don’t ever want to go back to, so a spare back up makes sense to me. If I ever need money or sell the bike, the other two shocks will be sold.

I’m itching to ride the bike. I bought a used Moto tote for about $450 last night. That’s the only bike related thing I’ve done in a week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hit the kill switch on accident sitting at the light next to an R1. Light turned green right after and I fumbled to get the bike started and going. R1 kept getting stuck at the next three lights with me after taking off like a bat out of **** each time. I bet he was trying to avoid the awkwardness and just couldn't get away hahah.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Kind of late, but we got back from a short deployment last Friday. I’ve taken the K Tech shock off and installed the new Ohlins. The K Tech definitely feels lighter. I planned for another track day this Sunday but that may not happen if I don’t get a rental truck. Last time I had the K Tech on from being rebuilt, I shaved about 4 seconds, down to a 1:32. Slowly reaching that goal of 1:25 or better. I am no where near max rider capabilities so I am fairly confident a sub 1:25 or even sub 1:20 is possible. Thanks especially from the motivational replies from a few of you racer folks. Problem I have now is limited track time between now and the next long deployment. If I can get on the racetrack this weekend, I want to test the Nix-22 and YA467 ohlins combo. Prettt exciting stuff, this trackday addiction.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kind of late, but we got back from a short deployment last Friday. I’ve taken the K Tech shock off and installed the new Ohlins. The K Tech definitely feels lighter. I planned for another track day this Sunday but that may not happen if I don’t get a rental truck. Last time I had the K Tech on from being rebuilt, I shaved about 4 seconds, down to a 1:32. Slowly reaching that goal of 1:25 or better. I am no where near max rider capabilities so I am fairly confident a sub 1:25 or even sub 1:20 is possible. Thanks especially from the motivational replies from a few of you racer folks. Problem I have now is limited track time between now and the next long deployment. If I can get on the racetrack this weekend, I want to test the Nix-22 and YA467 ohlins combo. Prettt exciting stuff, this trackday addiction.

What track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
finally passed 1000 miles... i know i need to ride more but the weather here in the UK is trying very hard not to be spring. time to change the shift light and 'operate the vehicle normally' :motorbike2

1.JPG

·
Registered
87 Posts
I put a few decals on to break up the all blackness of the bike. Contemplating going to full rearsets - I have the Norton Fab Rearsets Riser plates right now - plenty of adjustments just not liking the folding pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today I swapped out the throttle tube for an R6 tube and I also threw on some bar ends. I was going to swap out the levers but decided against it at the last minute.

And then I also change some of the body pieces too.

This is a stock 2017 and I took off the parts the arrows are pointing at, the two side covers and the piece between the rider and passenger seats.

And this is what she looks like now. I replaced those pieces with the blue parts found on the 2015 and I removed the decals.

I plan to swap out the two remaining white pieces that make a sort of weird S shape for the black pieces found on the 2015. And I'll also be removing the rest of the decals on the bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Today I swapped out the throttle tube for an R6 tube and I also threw on some bar ends. I was going to swap out the levers but decided against it at the last minute.

And then I also change some of the body pieces too.

This is a stock 2017 and I took off the parts the arrows are pointing at, the two side covers and the piece between the rider and passenger seats.

And this is what she looks like now. I replaced those pieces with the blue parts found on the 2015 and I removed the decals.

I plan to swap out the two remaining white pieces that make a sort of weird S shape for the black pieces found on the 2015. And I'll also be removing the rest of the decals on the bike.
How is the R6 throttle response? Do you have free play on grip?
I'm planning to do the opposite of the second part. But I just realised that the white color part is the larger fairing.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
How is the R6 throttle response? Do you have free play on grip?
I'm planning to do the opposite of the second part. But I just realised that the white color part is the larger fairing.

This is not mine but this is I'd like to get on my fairing. Just to add that white part on 2015 R3

441 - 460 of 495 Posts