Yamaha R3 Forums banner

461 - 480 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Finally got rid of my "shitty roads around me" chicken strips :p
But I like chicken strips. Means there is a bit more lean angle left to play with. LOL.

That said, you mentioned shitty roads, and I happen to have (when I am not on deployment) some amazing roads available to me in Japan. I have not done a street ride (commuting doesn't count) in so long. I have made some significant improvements on the track, but I am probably slower now on the street than I was a year ago, because of the track lol. Its just not worth it dragging knee around, and taking risks on a lot of blind corners on the street.

·
Registered
542 Posts
But I like chicken strips. Means there is a bit more lean angle left to play with. LOL.

That said, you mentioned shitty roads, and I happen to have (when I am not on deployment) some amazing roads available to me in Japan. I have not done a street ride (commuting doesn't count) in so long. I have made some significant improvements on the track, but I am probably slower now on the street than I was a year ago, because of the track lol. Its just not worth it dragging knee around, and taking risks on a lot of blind corners on the street.
I've got nothing against strips on the street, especially since I primarily commute/errand with the bike. (squared of tires yay)

It was just so nice to finally find good pavement and some great turns down at the dragon after 2 years of pot holes and nothing but highway ramps to get my lean on. It's not quite the track, but it was definitely a great ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got my new chain and sprocket kit on. Had 12500 miles on the original. She was stretched out for sure. Thanks to yamahar3racing.com

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put it back to street form. I’ve never ridden it on the street. I haven’t raced for a year. I decided I need to ride, even if it is on an R-3 on the street. I might sell it and get myself an R-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally went full race and removed the ignition key from my R3. If you're curious, a custom triple clamp weighs half of stock, and I didn't even weight it with the key :)

PROS: Never have to worry about forgetting the key at home when I get to track, more room for quick throttle and easier access to clip ons
CONS: Bike can be easily stolen anywhere

·
Registered
12 Posts
Getting close to my very first service, but just finished doing my solo seat cowl and Vagabond fender delete. Love it. Considered getting the Yamaha fender delete, but really liked the cleaner look of the Vagabond. Don’t really see me doing anything else to my R3 since I’m so impressed with it now just the way it is. Maybe better tires and brake pads, when time to replace. Possibly adjustable levers, maybe. But that’s it for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed a integrated turn signal brake light, started putting on a fairing kit starting at the headlight, put on new mirrors with integrated turn signals, figuring out my wiring situation since I've never have done anything electrical, installed a USB port so I can charge my phone/ battery if it dies, started stressing because I can't figure out these fairings...

461 - 480 of 495 Posts